Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

New drug could help humans live to be 150

Old 03-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default New drug could help humans live to be 150

http://www.capitalismisfreedom.com/t...ns-live-be-150

Cliffs:

• Drugs are synthetic versions of resveratrol, found in red wine
  • Research shows drugs which could prevent cancer and diabetes now viable
  • Medication can be taken topically or orally
  • No drugs yet developed to target aging skin

Interesting, but unless they come up with a way to help skin not age as quickly also, then there are going to be some scary looking 150 year olds! Plus I assume this drug is crazy expensive where only the worlds richest and most powerful people will be only able to afford it.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I take resveratrol chewables every once in a while. I grab them from GNC for pretty cheap. Hell, I almost grabbed one this morning but saw they had expired.

IDK what the serving size is, but WebMD says you need like 2g to mimic testing in mice.

LA Times reported there's about 1.5mg in a 4oz glass of red wine. That's A LOT of wine to make 2g. Sure sounds like fun.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/r...ol-supplements

I was taking it for the ORAC value (antioxidants) which are suppose to be incredibly valuable for eyes and overall health to fight off diseases.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

How you gonna pay for things when you're 120?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:42 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

With money
Old 03-19-2013, 06:46 AM

Who's money? You got 70 year old geezers at WalMart now because they don't have any savings.

It's nice to see science elongating the human lifespan but for what? To make doctors, hospitals, pharmy companies and old care home prosperous?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:18 AM
Administrator

People should take control of their own future. If you're going to play in the stock market, learn where your money is going and how to control it. If you want money til you're 120 years old, make it happen.

If you're going to rely on the government for Social Security, you may prefer to die before the age of 80.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:15 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I think the idea is that if you're able to live until you're 120, that means that you will be healthy enough to work at an older age. Rather than your body being too clapped out to do any meaningful work past the age of 60...
Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Administrator

I thought the same thing... but this doesn't seem to be improving health as much as it is preventing certain diseases that are known to kill people. It won't help you lose weight, it won't strengthen your bones or promote muscle growth, and people will continue to be lazy.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 AM

Who will pay for the joint replacements? Organ transplants? My mother lived until 94. The last 20 years of her life she could not have worked anywhere. She had a good retirement fund but that today is hard to do with interest rates below 1%.

I see this as just a market for the medical industry.

Yesterday it was said that well over 75% of the people will die with some form of Alzheimers if it not the cause of death outright. And that is with todays life expectancies. The younger folks have a hard time getting jobs now let alone add 40 years onto your working career time.