Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Need to lose 18lbs in 20 days!

Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I lost 2 more pounds yesterday. Again, could be water weight, but I'm chugging a bunch of water. Last night I tried the Core cd, but only got half way through cause I'm so sore from the Plyometrics cd the day before. Instead of finishing the cd, I went out and rode my mountain bike 7.25 miles to the store to pick up a bag of groceries. I maintained a 13mph average.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

wow, nice work. I hit the gym 3 times yesterday, each putting 30 minutes on the bike. Last night I just couldn't get a flow, but I was about to go early in the evening before dinner, and pumped out 6 good miles in 22 minutes. I got in a good 60 minutes on the elliptical this morning - I have to push myself harder than I have been, and doing a minimum of 60 minutes everytime I enter the gym.

2 and 3 on their way... gimme 3 minutes.

Transfer complete on my end, now I suppose your folder has to update. Hopefully it doesn't repopulate the other files... if anything besides 2 & 3 show up in the P90X Dropbox folder, delete 'em.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:05 AM

Done!

Thanks again Majik. That's a lot of working out that you're doing. I don't know how you're coming up with the time to do it. Once I get home from work, I do about 1hr of tv, then cook dinner, eat, and start on my bike ride or P90X. After that, I barely make it to bed on time. And I sure as hell don't have time to do exercise before work. lol

I'm gona try to find at least 5 minutes before work to do something though. Or sneak out and run up the stairs during work a few more times. lol
Old 03-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Administrator

it's NOT easy, especially since I usually stay at the restaurant for an hour eating my meal and talking to customers, begging for votes.

It does help that I get off at 4:30, and my location right now is only 15 minutes from home, so I can work out from 5-5:30, eat dinner, then workout from 7-8. One hour of TV then crash around 10pm. Up at 5:15, shower, at the gym by 5:45 (1.5 miles away), back home and eating egg beaters by 7am, shower again, at work by 8.

I'm going non-stop, but $10,000 is a freaking ton of money.

The posts have been changed to protect the guilty.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:26 PM

There it is. You're only getting 7.25hrs of sleep a night? I'm tired as hell if I don't get 8hrs of sleep and that's WITHOUT working out. Now, I'm sore and sleepy. Only 18 more days of this.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Before the contest, I was fine getting 5-6 hours of sleep, no problem. Now, I'm getting more rest (about 7 hours) because all this activity is wearing me out. So, while it's only 7 hours, it's more than I've been used to for years. Two months ago it was rare for me to go to bed before midnight, and I was still getting up at 6am.

I'm naturally energetic though. I'm a morning person AND a night owl. Coworkers despise my peppy attitude at 7am
Old 03-30-2011, 09:09 AM

Yea, I'm neither. lol I'm definately not a morning person. I can barely make it to work.

So, I've done a few of the P90X cardio workouts, which are killers, but I've really been bike riding at night. I'm doing the same 8 miles, but stepping it up every night with a faster speed. I'm now up to 14mph average, versus 12.8mph when I started. I'm also doing some stairs at work. I'm at 215lbs right now, and I need to try and lose 8-10 more in the next week before weigh-in. Hopefully I'll lose enough real weight, and then the day before, dehydrate myself with a hot bath, running, and not eating/drinking the day of. I also want take a laxative the night before. I've heard that losing 5-8lbs of just water is easy on a guy like me, especially since I am keeping my self very hydrated.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Get a water pill from GNC and talk to them about how it works. You're suppose to still drink water, but it helps hydrate your body without needing as much water, so it goes right through you. Also ask them about a 2-day cleanse. The "Renew Life" line of products seem to be very good.

Also, don't eat carbs the last few days! I read that two water molecules combine with every carb molecule.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:18 AM

Thanks, I'll head over there later today. Weigh-in is monday 5pm, so I'm running out of time. lol I'm at about 213-214 now. It's dropping fast, but not fast enough.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:20 AM
Administrator

so is it definitely yours if you hit your goal weight, or definitely NOT yours if you miss it? Or is there still a chance you could win/lose either way? There's definitely 10-12 pounds of water weight in there for you to get out. You might need a wheel chair to make it to the scale, but it can be done.

No Sugar

No Carbs

No Sodium

NONE.