Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Kidney Stones

Old 01-02-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Accent
Default Kidney Stones

Anyone else have any trouble with these? I've had them for about 4 years and usually get one every 6-7 months. Sucks more than you can imagine. I have a pretty good diet but its just the way my body is. It develops them pretty easily unfortunately.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

That's really often. Is there anything you can do to suppress them or try to avoid them?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Start drinking a glass of cranberry juice each morning, possibly halh and half with your OJ.

Very good for the good ol plumbing.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I had a small bought with kidney stones a few years ago. Look up a natural remedy using lemons. I did it and I believe it worked. Have had no problems since. Its like a lemon clense. You drink 8 0z of fresh lemon juice every hour for 12 hours. It is suppose to change the ph of your body and dissolves the calcium kidney stones. If they are not calcium based kidney stones, then I'm not sure this remedy will work for you.

Lemon Kidney stone remedy youtube

It worked for me. I'd say from the research I did it was about 50% effective. But it was cheap and natural. Just make sure to rinse your mouth out after you drink the juice. It can damage your teeth if you do not.

I've heard that taking calcium citrate works as well.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Kidney stones are almost always going to be strongly linked to diet and fluid intake. You could write a prescription for stones by eating the wrong things . . . but some people are more prone to get stones than others. If it were ME having recurring stones I'd have a radical dietary change.

How much water do you drink/day?

edit: for those who don't know, kidney stones are like being stabbed in the side, then having a rock forced out your pee-pee hole. Almost any diet would not be too horrible for me to avoid getting this disease twice.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I got one once. Very much sucked. Very few things have been more painful for me.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I puckered just watching him drink that lemon juice!