Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

how much water is too much

Old 11-06-2009, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default how much water is too much

i was wondering something. i drink around 3 to 4 large bottles of water per day. they say everyone should drink alot but am i drinking too much or is that an ok amount. i pee 10 times a day since i drink so much. are there any side effects to putting so much water into my body?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:11 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

i drink a lot like that too and have to pee a lot too. I think once your pee really isn't yellow anymore you're hydrated enough. If you're always peeing clear, you prob have plenty of water in you.

i don't think too much is an issue, you'll just have to pee a lot.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

If you drink enough water at once that you start to feel sick or get cramps, that's too much. Otherwise, you're fine.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Just don't force yourself to drink if you're not thirsty unless you have a good reason to. There are no studies showing that drinking x glasses of water a day has any benefit whatsoever. Drink when you're thirsty and you'll be fine.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Doc

Drinking enough water is one of the best things you can do. 8-12 8 ounce glasses of water a day is recommended. Adding another glass for each glass of coffee, tea, or soda that you drink during the day. Before competing in a mountain bike race, the night before I would drink a gallon that way I wouldn't experience dehydration during the race. (yes I would still hydrate while racing).

Yes you can drink too much water at a time...remember too much of anything good, can be bad.

Water makes up a high percentage of what we are, we need it for our body to function. We can go days without food, but not without water.

If you put water in it will have to come out somewhere...therefore you drink more...you pee more.

I prefer distilled water and if I don't have that I like to drink spring water.

So keep drinking the water.