Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

How long after getting a tattoo?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent
Default How long after getting a tattoo?

I'm getting my first tattoo this weekend and it will be taking up my whole right rib cage area. I go to the gym and work out 4 days a week so I was wondering do I have to wait until the tattoo fully heals before working out again or would it be safe to keep working out after I get it even though I'll be stretching and moving around a lot? I'll ask my tattoo artist what he thinks but I wanted to ask for more opinions from you guys that have tattoos and who work out often.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT

If it's on your ribs then it's going to be pretty sore for a while. I honestly wouldn't work out much for the first 4-5 days and take it really easy after that. The sweat and the rubbing of your shirt will make the healing take a long longer. Plus it's going to be very sore and sting for a while. Baby it for at least a week.