Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

How bad is your eyesight?

Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Elantra GT
Default How bad is your eyesight?

How many members have really bad eyesight? I've worn glasses for years since I was a little kid. In fact, just made an appointment for my annual eye check up to see if my prescription changed. Without my glasses, I'm blind as a bat. Been thinking alot lately about laser eye surgery, but I just dont know about it. Kind of freaks me out when you think about what they actually do. And I've heard too many stories from people that they have halos and the night vision isnt the best. So who here is in the same boat as me and cant live without glasses or contacts?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I rely on contacts for daily vision. Not scared of lasik surgery, just can't afford it at the moment. One day
Old 04-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

PRK guy. I was 20/100 and 20/200 (ie, couldnt read the BIG "E" on the top of the chart....couldn't even see letters on the chart lol) I LOOOOOOOOOVE laser eye surgery. Though it just fixes your eyesight, not your eyes. After surgery I was 20/10 (super vision lol) and now I am back to almost 20/30 6 years later, my eyes are still bad, in that they get worse over time, that can't be fixed.. At 20/50 where you need glasses to drive, I will get the surgery again. The place I went offeres free lifetime adjustments, though it is quite painful and risky, it isn't something I want to do every 5 year min, though I hope to make it 10-15 years before I need to get my eyesight fixed again.

But it is sooooooo worth the risk, especially now a days as most docters have state of the art equipment and have 5000+ surgeries under their belt. My guy had 10,000 surgery trophy so I felt comfortable with him. I wouldn't go to the $200 per eye place where the guy fresh out of school does the surgery lol. I also wouldn't be able to fly without the surgery, so also super worth it. Though I am almost at the point where I need glasses to fly (20/30-20/70 correctible to 20/20).

Halo's aren't THAT bad or that distracting/noticalbe really. But if you ask me about it and I think about it, yea, I have them. Dry eyes is the worst part for me, but that reduced serverity after a year or so and it was only in the mornings anyway.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ Where'd you get it done?

My wife has super bad eyesight and I'd like to get it for her next year. Everyone I've talked to says it's 1000% worth it. The cost, the time, the risks (which are getting lower and lower), everything.

I've had 20/20 vision, and still have pretty much that.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

StrikeEagle, careful what you wish for. You fix your wife's eyesight and she's liable to run for hills first time she sees you post-surgery..

Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

^^^^ LOL

Originally Posted by StrikeEagle
^^ Where'd you get it done?

My wife has super bad eyesight and I'd like to get it for her next year. Everyone I've talked to says it's 1000% worth it. The cost, the time, the risks (which are getting lower and lower), everything.

I've had 20/20 vision, and still have pretty much that.

http://www.lasikplus.com/ Let me know if you decide to go, I think I get a $100 for a referral. But yes, 1000% worth it, and even more so to get the lifetime plan with free adjustments.

Though if you meant where as in which doctor, it was a branch in DC.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

I've had 5 laser surgeries to save my vision over the last 7 years. I've had diabetes for 31 years, and the retinopathy is starting to take some tolls on my vision. It's been steady for the last 4 years, but I go for checkups every 6 months to make sure there's no new bleeding. My vision is a bit worse now (especially color wise), but at least the extra vessel growth and bleeding has seized for now. Glasses only to drive, but daylight makes my eyes way more sensitive than night driving. Sunglasses are a must.....