Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

best supplements for cutting weight?

Old 11-18-2012, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default best supplements for cutting weight?

Currently weigh 210 and I am 6' 0", taking in about 1500 or so calories a day, once a day i might go up to 2k.......

I started at 230 and my goal is to hit 180, do you guys have any recommendations for any supplements i can take to help me cut faster? or maybe work out?

I am going to the gym 5-6 times a week and run 2-3 miles each time I am there, then do bicycling and other sh*t like arms/legs/stomach workouts, I really want to lose weight before i start gaining any muscle though
Old 11-18-2012, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

just carry on what your doing.. Weather u gain muscle or lose weight. its better then fat.

Just make sure u enjoy working out and don't make it into a task and u be fine.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I like VPX products, like Redline. Nutrition is the most important. Make sure calories burned > caloric intake. Eat at least 1500 calories, cut out as much fat and sugar as possible. Drink 120-160oz. of water per day. Eat 4-6 times per day and keep it under 500 calories in a meal.

Do cardio FIRST THING in the morning. 25-45 minutes (max out @ 60). Do it on an empty stomach (no food, no drinks, just water). All carbs will be burned throughout the night and your stomach will be empty - thus you'll be targeting existing fat cells rather than burning off recent carbs and calories ingested. Follow up your morning cardio with a few eggs and eat some oatmeal (whole oats, not packaged - and sugar free). The oatmeal will help your body to maintain insulin levels so they don't spike. Insulin/sugar spikes inhibit weight loss.

If you're concerned with muscle/strength loss, take in plenty of protein (lots of chicken and fish so it keeps your fat intake close to zero). Shoot for 150-200g protein through shakes/food. Keep in mind even protein shakes and chicken/fish have lots of calories (200+).

Old 11-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Mix up your routine. Don't do the same exercises every day. Try some HIIT while on the treadmill or elliptical. Changes your speeds, go full steam ahead then moderate to get your hear rate back down. Alternate exertion levels. Treadmill, elliptical, bike, push ups, sit ups, lunges...

Maybe have fun with it by doing treadmill 20 minutes, max push ups in 1 minute, then do 12 min elliptical, then do 1 minute sit ups, then 8 minute bike + 3 min to cool down. That's 45 minutes that should wear you out.