Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Back pain

Old 11-15-2011, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Red Tib
Default Back pain

So I think I hurt my lower back doing dead lifts last week. I have really bad form on those and I think I over did it without knowing. Nothing hurt at the time, so it wasn't a sudden pain, but since that day, my back has been pretty sore

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to make it feel better? It seems to not be so bad now and I have been stretching it every day. Im hoping it wont be a recurring soreness and I didnt just screw my back up for life. If the pain stays with me for another couple of days, I'll make an appointment to go see a Chiro.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Don't got to a chiropractic, read and live Pain Free and save yourself the money for life. If you have bruising, that is not for a chiropractor to adjust, it's for a regular doctor to diagnose.

For now, take advil and don't lift jack sh*t for a week. Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness is nothing much to worry about if you learn from it. If it still hurts after another week, it will possibly hurt for 2-3 months (sprain). For the WHOLE TIME it hurts, take OTC pain medicine and don't do any lifting at all if it hurts. Your back is constantly being used and basically only rests when you sleep. Don't add to the load if you might have something torn back there.

Also, don't ever (on deadlifts or anything else) do heavy lifts when you know you have poor form. Do LIGHT lifts in front of a mirror or with a non-dumbass training partner and get your form right. Doing heavy lifts with bad form is going to make the form stay bad. Step back and do light lifts, get everything lined up properly and establish muscle memory/habit with GOOD form, then start adding weight.

You did not break yourself forever. Don't freak out. If you need to spend a couple of days in bed, this is one time you are officially not a wimp for doing so.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

^ x2.

If you have any prolonged numness or tingling then see a doctor asap.