Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Anyone signed up for Obamacare?

Old 10-06-2013, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Accent
Default Anyone signed up for Obamacare?

Right now I dont have health insurance and I've been trying to do research on what to do. It's really expensive regardless if I get insurance through my employer or through Obamacare. Not sure what to do and I'm thinking I might just wait until something better comes along. I'll get hit with the fine for not having insurance but it's still quite a bit cheaper than paying for it. I have no health issues and havent been to the doctors in probably 5 years.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

You can't "sign up for Obamacare". You can log on the either your State's or the Fed's (if your state doesn't have one) insurance exchange website and find a privately owned (not gov't run) insurance plan. If you are under a certain income level, you'll qualify for a subsidy towards the plan you choose. I'm over the income level that qualifies and my employer offers insurance, so I don't qualify for any of the plans.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:44 AM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

same here, i'm lucky to have a full time job with benefits, but i oppress and hate obamacare with every fiber in my body..it's one of the many threats to our freedom as americans.

i'm irate that the uninsured are imposed a penalty fee and the rate will rise up eventually, there are plenty of people in america who have managed and continue to manage to live healthy lives without doctors or medications and special care..sheesh!!Reagan must be turning in his grave.

if obamacare's AKA "affordable care act" is supposed to beneficial for all americans, why is obummer and others exempt from it?..seems like typical western hypocrisy to me.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:10 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra GLS Sportswagon

We have something similar http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_(Australia) that was introduced in 1975, being brought up with it you don't know what its like not to have it ?
Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by Tak82
same here, i'm lucky to have a full time job with benefits, but i oppress and hate obamacare with every fiber in my body..it's one of the many threats to our freedom as americans.

I'm really worried this breeze might knock over my house.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

They were saying on the radio news maybe a few 10,000s of people actually managed to sign up, of the many millions who logged on. Guessing, based on the number of members on HA, probably nobody who regularly posts here managed to get all the way through the process before they took the insurance signup site down for *ahem* "maintenance".

They had 3 years and a bottomless pit of money to get one registration website up and running, and it fell flat on its face. You bet your boots I'm skipping signing up for this hot mess for at LEAST the first year.

Affordable Care Act insurance: All the speed and efficiency of the DMV combined with the personal care and bedside manner of the IRS! This should work juuuuust fine.