Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Techna-fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines Gb

Old 08-09-2006, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay guys, I've worked out a new Stainless Steel Brake Line GB for us. We will get a 20% discount when we brake 10, and 25% when we brake 20 sets ordered. The lines come with or without an optional PVC coating and are DOT certified. This is for all 4 lines.

These lines are made by Techna-Fit, and several sites around the net sell them for $108 or so, plus shipping, so that brings it to about $115 to $120 shipped from these sites.

Prices for this GB will be $96 shipped for the first price brake. That will cover paypal fees to me for collecting the money and shipping/insurance to just about anywhere. Canadians will need to pay $99 shipped.

SECOND price brake will be $91 shipped to the US, and $94 shipped to canada.

http://www.techna-fit.com/

I know we are not listed on their site, but they do make them for us. HP.com and some other sites sell these for us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines for Hyundai Vehicles

With 25 years experience in the industry, Techna-Fit is your choice for braided stainless steel brake lines for Hyundai vehicles. All of Techna-Fit's brake line kits are assembled in-house, to stock or custom specifications, meeting D.O.T. Certification. Techna-Fit braided stainless steel brake line kits for Hyundais are complete with all of the fittings and bolts for easy assembly. From the auto enthusist to the race car teams, Alamo Motorsports has TechnaFit stainless steel braided brake lines at unbeatable prices and delivery time.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Frequently asked questions about stainless steel brake lines.

What are stainless steel brake lines?

There are a number of descriptions of this product, but for our purposes we define this
product as follows: stainless steel braided brake lines, are made using teflon hose. Teflon
hose has an extruded teflon core, with a stainless steel wire braid around it. The ends are
then permanently crimped on each end.

What are DOT approved hoses?

There are many claims of DOT approved hoses. A couple of items to note. If the hoses
are claimed to be DOT approved, a good way to confirm this is to ask for a DOT number.
If they actually are DOT approved, they will have a DOT number issued to them. Most
hoses are what they call DOT certified, which means that they meet or exceed the Dot
certification that is outlined in FMVSS 106 specifications. This means that they have
been tested in accordance with those specifications and submitted to the Department of
Highway Transportation for recognition. These tests are done independently of the DOT.

Why use stainless steel brake lines?

There are some advantages to using stainless steel brake lines; one is reduced volumetric
expansion. Overtime and under continuous use, OEM rubber lines can swell and expand,
exposing the driver to brake fade. The rubber cover is also vulnerable to attacks from the
ozone layer (rubber deteriorates and causes a failure). In extreme applications (Auto X,
racing, hard riving) rubber hoses might susceptible to debris, thus causing failure.
Stainless steel hoses give some protection from these issues.
In some applications, where you have modified your vehicle (lowered, raised, or changed
some major part, I.E. calipers) your only option is have custom lines made for your
application. Also, in some cases it is hard to obtain OEM style rubber lines for some
older applications.

Why get lines that have a plastic cover on them?

Having a plastic cover over the stainless steel lines gives added protection from flying
debris; it also gives some abrasion protection from the line rubbing on suspension parts,
in extreme braking conditions, with full compression (most movement of line).</div>

Paypal your payments, in full, to this address...

redzmang @ rdtiburon.com (Remove the spaces)

Along with the following information...

1. Forum Username
2. Forum you are ordering from
3. Year of car
4. 4 wheel disk brakes or disks/drums
5. PVC Prefrence (uncoated, clear, black, red, yellow, or blue) <-- Pick one per set ordered.

http://www.techna-fit.com/images/braklinecat.pdf
^^^
Colors and examples can be seen here.

This group buy is through Alamo Motorsports.com
http://www.alamomotorsports.com/tech...f_hyundai.html

Once you've sent payment, please post so here so I can verify and get your name on the list for tracking. If orders are VERY slow and it doesn't look like we will have 20 or more in a decent amount of time, I will stop the group buy and we will submit the order with what we have. The order will be sent to ME and I will box them all up and ship them out individually.

You need to pay the price for the first price brake and if we make the second one, I will refund you. Or you can pay the SECOND price brake and send me the difference if we don't make it.

Post any questions here and I will do my best to answer them folks. After this is over, I will consider doing some other Group Buy's with this company as I really like working with them. Also, I will consider contacting Techna-Fit to get other braided lines done for us.

1. REDZMAN/RDT - 2001 - 4 Disk - Clear PVC
2. Alex01Tib/RDT - RD2 - 4 Disk - Clear PVC
3. Swifttiburon/RDT - RD2 - 4 Disk - Clear PVC
4. insomnia/RDT - RD2 - 4 disk - Clear PVC
10. (PRICE BREAK 1)
20. (PRICE BREAK 2)
Old 08-09-2006, 09:47 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

id be down for a set for sure if i can get some money together. ill have to see. any pictures of the colored lines? i see ac ouple on the site but if you had any where you could see it better that would be cool. dont want to get blue if its totally different
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Aug 9 2006, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We will get a 20% discount when we brake 10, and 25% when we brake 20 sets ordered.
Prices for this GB will be $96 shipped for the first price brake.
SECOND price brake will be $91 shipped to the US, and $94 shipped to canada.
You need to pay the price for the first price brake and if we make the second one, I will refund you. Or you can pay the SECOND price brake and send me the difference if we don't make it.

10. (PRICE BREAK 1)
20. (PRICE BREAK 2)</div>
you started to get it right towards the end of your post i see.
brake = thing that makes your car stop fing02.gif
ban.gif
Old 08-09-2006, 01:09 PM

Yeah yeah yeah.

Bite me.

http://www.techna-fit.com/images/braklinecat.pdf

If you go to their PDF, there are pics of all the colors. They look REALLY nice.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:26 PM

those are pretty sharp. i like them. im interested jsut need to get money. would be nice to get some more stuff made for us as well.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:31 PM

Come on guys.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

times is hard man not much money round these parts
Old 08-09-2006, 10:41 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Id be all in man, itd go great with the rotors, but im friggin so broke that even though im getting paid tomarrow, that wont even help.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:55 PM

Wouldnt mind getting these but I am broker then ever getting the tib fixed.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:33 AM

The good news is there is no deadline guys.

Swift, I can work something out with you if ya want. I'm not ignoring you, just am broke too. I figure I can pay for a set for both of you, then pay the difference.

Matter of fact, ericy321, since I need those fans, I can do the same for you.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: 2001/hyundai/tiburon

I might be in, I just have to get the finance's(sp) together