Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Techna-fit Stainless Brake Lines - Preview Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay, Technafit has given me pricing, and I just got a set of lines from them to preview.

Good lord.

These things look better than the Goodridge brake lines.

I got the ones with the clear coating, and will be taking pics for everyone over this weekend. I wont be installing them till I get my BBK, but I can tell you these are the nicest lines I've seen yet. I'm still waiting on pricing for the Clutch lines, so we can save on some S/H for each person.

Bottom line is, for 10 orders, it looks like $90 shipped. Color of your choice.

For 15 to 20, it'll be $85.

For 20 and up, it's going to be $80 shipped.

I'm pretty friggin impressed.

More to come...

Oh, forgot to put a few things.

1. You can order them with a nice plastic coating. Clear, Black, Smoke, Red, Blue, or none.
2. These are DOT Certified.
3. They have swivel ends, so they won't bind or torque.
4. They come with 8 new washers and new bolts. They look Nickel plated.
5. They have locator tabs.

For some samples of the lines they make, and to see what they normally cost, and the colors, click here.

^^^
That's just a sample of what their quality is, this is from a Toyota GB that's been going on for over a year, rather popular. That's the SMOKE version.

^^^
Another photo of them.

For any of you that don't know what these are for...

<u>Frequently asked questions about stainless steel brake lines.
</u>

What are stainless steel brake lines?

There are a number of descriptions of this product, but for our purposes we define this
product as follows: stainless steel braided brake lines, are made using teflon hose. Teflon
hose has an extruded teflon core, with a stainless steel wire braid around it. The ends are
then permanently crimped on each end.

What are DOT approved hoses?

There are many claims of DOT approved hoses. A couple of items to note. If the hoses
are claimed to be DOT approved, a good way to confirm this is to ask for a DOT number.
If they actually are DOT approved, they will have a DOT number issued to them. Most
hoses are what they call DOT certified, which means that they meet or exceed the Dot
certification that is outlined in FMVSS 106 specifications. This means that they have
been tested in accordance with those specifications and submitted to the Department of
Highway Transportation for recognition. These tests are done independently of the DOT.

Why use stainless steel brake lines?

There are some advantages to using stainless steel brake lines; one is reduced volumetric
expansion. Overtime and under continuous use, OEM rubber lines can swell and expand,
exposing the driver to brake fade. The rubber cover is also vulnerable to attacks from the
ozone layer (rubber deteriorates and causes a failure). In extreme applications (Auto X,
racing, hard riving) rubber hoses might susceptible to debris, thus causing failure.
Stainless steel hoses give some protection from these issues.
In some applications, where you have modified your vehicle (lowered, raised, or changed
some major part, I.E. calipers) your only option is have custom lines made for your
application. Also, in some cases it is hard to obtain OEM style rubber lines for some
older applications.

Why get lines that have a plastic cover on them?

Having a plastic cover over the stainless steel lines gives added protection from flying
debris; it also gives some abrasion protection from the line rubbing on suspension parts,
in extreme braking conditions, with full compression (most movement of line).
Old 01-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned

awesome.. glad to see you got the thread up.. i will get a set as soon as i get paid for my fender damage..

get pics ASAP.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I'll be on this one Jer, so sign me up!! Let me know when you need the money.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

mmmm, color of choice sounds nice. is it possible to get a pic of each color from technifit? regaurdless i'm in-... just please let me know when you are gonna start taking orders.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:05 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Im deal, is time to start in that area as it is. Quick question though how are these as far as durability is concerened, not an area I wish to be skimping in.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
They are very good. Lifetime Warranty

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jan 19 2007, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>get pics ASAP.</div>

Tomorrow my friend. I was just foolin around with them, very nice.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibbytib @ Jan 19 2007, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'll be on this one Jer, so sign me up!! Let me know when you need the money.</div>

Sure, as soon as I have this finished, money will be accepted ASAP.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (01steve @ Jan 19 2007, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>mmmm, color of choice sounds nice. is it possible to get a pic of each color from technifit? regaurdless i'm in-... just please let me know when you are gonna start taking orders.</div>

Good idea. I'll see what I can find. I have seen a pic of the smoked, and I have the clear.

First post updated with new pics.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

atta boi jermz.

i dare say these lines are nicer than the goodridge, and a 20 bill less as well.

go for these fellas. THIS is how we show there is an interest for good parts to be made for our cars. if you are ever even considering barke upgrades, jump on these.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:22 AM

im defenatly in on this as im gathering parts for a non captive swap and soon to be looking for a rear disc brake conversion.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:49 AM

oOo, definitly gonna be watching to see when these are available..

ask them about a SS clutch line, see if they would be able to help us out on one of those also.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I'll take a set WITH the clutch line. As long as the custom clutch line isn't crazy expensive.
Clear coating.