Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Serious Intake Manifold Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I have everything to build my own. Depending on how much welding is involved I will be making these. Maybe not forever but at least a few. These would be aluminum and will have a few options.

I am also looking into fuel rails to go along with these. They will be -8an and aluminum also. Can come setup to use stock lines or tapped for AN fittings, whichever is preferred. I have what I need to make one but the brackets are holding me up at the moment. If I can make them and sell them together it would be much easier but many people dont want the rail.

Intake Manifold ROUGH price idea with options:
Flanged for any throttle body (Ford 70mm, 90mm?, Stock and bored, whatever)
Any number of vacuum nipples. Will default to stock sizes and general location if nothing else or different is needed.
Can install direct port nitrous bungs (just in case anyone here is going that route)
Pretty much anything else most likely.

Pending what the flanges (IM and TB) cost me to get made (or stock to do them myself) here is the rough pricing:
With Velocity Stacks would be around 550 most likely
Without would be about 350 or so.

Fuel rails probably looking at 100 bucks or so.

I know everyone says they are interested in this stuff but who would actually get one if they came up for sale? I have no problem just making my own and being done. I know the price seems high but these would be all new pieces in aluminum. They would be lighter and flow better. And they would look amazing in the engine bay. Price could easily jump up a little more also depending on cost of materials. Will look into doing these for the Beta 2 also if they arent that hard. Otherwise Ill keep it to the RD. Let me know guys. Thanks
Old 12-12-2008, 06:48 PM

i would be down for a fuel rail depending on the quality of the piece.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:07 PM

Money is tight right now but i would be down for the IM for sure mabey the fuel rail. Depends on how long your gonna do this for.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I would be interested, but I can't see myself dropping that until the current phase of the build is done, which is just getting it up and running. Once I can move my car out of the garage without having to push it, then I might be looking to push things further with something like this.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

if its a nice peice and i can see some true gains i'm in for one. with out the stacks. cause money is tight but i would be down for some custom manifold action.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I would do my best to find someone to dyno check or get some flow bench numbers for sure. I think I can come up with something to show gains.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:20 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

Would you be willing to do a custom piece for me? It'd be rather simplistic. Drop me a pm so I let you know what I have in mind.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

just a idea...make yours , and then ONLY two others with flanges that have no holes in them or teh flange not attached. show people you are really making these...wallah!!! the orders will come more than you will ever keep up with
Old 12-13-2008, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

I think this is a great idea. But as others have stated pics and test numbers are much needed to get people interested. I would say build one and make sure it fits. Dyno the car with and without it to show the gains. Post pics and go from there. I would be interested and would like to see this project get off of the ground.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:58 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I would be down for one definitely hail.gif