Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

RotorPros Group Buy - Accepting Payment!

Old 07-23-2004, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: Southern Chapter

Tank - It should be no longer than 2 weeks before it's at your front door, that's factoring in a few days during shipment to your house. Will ship via FedEx. This isn't gauranteed but it's hopefully going to be there quicker than that. If you would like to send Paypal to me, it would be quicker, but I would have to ask for the 4% add-on to cover fees. I think it usually costs a few bucks to have a Money Order done, and then the stamp to mail it.

From now on, please post an e-mail address that you would like to be contacted at.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: 1.8L CAM - DIY

whats the difference between captive and non?? and how can i find out which kind i have?
Old 07-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Default *New Product Alert!* 4.667 & 4.471 Final Gear Kits!

What year Tiburon do you have? 97-98 had captive rotors. Some 99 did, some didn't. All 00-01 tiburons have NON-Captive rotors.

The red rotors above are captive, the blue are normal. I think you have to look at your rotors (pull the wheel off). Do you have aftermarket rims?
Old 07-23-2004, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Post Count

cool, I've got an 01 laugh.gif, do you know is it possible to turn rotors after the drilling and slotting??
Old 07-24-2004, 09:39 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: New Interior Lights *PICS*

captive have 4 bolts (not lugs) sticking out of the hub. the stock rims have slots to go right over the bolts but aftermarket rims have a flat rear surface so the bolts get in the way.

if you want captive, your intentions are probably just upgrading the rotors themselves. if you are non-captive, then you probably bought yourself soem aftermarket rims and need them to go on with the rotors as well. you can upgrade your front rotors to non-captive at your mechanic for $300.

majik, make that non-captive for me. sorry about the typo!
goldeye355@aol.com
Old 07-24-2004, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Cruise Control Won't Work? FIX FINALLY FOUND!

Majik, i got a somewhat unrelated question for ya... Noticed that you've got a RD2, like me, and aftermarket wheels. I just got some nice new wheels problem is that when i try to put them on theres 4 screws sticking like a soare thumb out of each rotor... Are these ok to take out or cut... or what would u recommend... THNX! lol had to post here doesn't seem like theres a way with the new setup to send a new PM... idk maybe im just a super n00b lol
Old 07-24-2004, 11:06 AM

Default Re: FS: Stock 01 springs and double din radio

are they screws or bolts?

i didnt think any rd2s came with captive rotors, but i know on my rd2 there were only 2 screws on each rotor.

if they are screws, then yes, you can take them out or cut them out. if they are bolts, dont touch em, or convert to a non-captive setup.

as far as pms go, if you look at the bottom of someone's post, you will see the pm button.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Southern Chapter

That's it, Monday, I'm workin on the FAQ section. I'm so tired of this stuff.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Members

a cow could care if the screws came out. if your rotor hub looks like frankenstein, you might have a problem...

majik, i have a friend who is willing to purchase 2 front rotors drilled/slotted but it is for a honda accord. is this GB only for rd tiburons or for other cars as well? and if it is, will the buyer be included to the purchase list?
Old 07-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Default Re: DIY - Interior HALOZ Install (56K Beware)

Sorry, been out of town all weekend at a car show.

Supercow... I'm not sure what you mean by turning the rotors if they're drilled and slotted.

HyundaiKit... This is for Tiburons only. However, please e-mail (majikTib@gmail.com) me ASAP with all information about the Accord (year, model, 2-dr/4-dr, and what he wants) and I'll get prices for you. I updated your info as well.

If you have a 2nd Gen Tiburon, there are screws in the rotors. I believe only 2 per rotor, maybe only 1 on certain rotors. These can be taken out or cut off. I had to cut mine off. If you have 4 Frankenstein Bolts I would recommend you NOT touch them. They are captive rotors.

Could we PLEASE get SOMEBODY to post a picture of what captive rotors look like?!

Pictures of rotors on car (thanks to Asiman1)