Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

RotorPros Group Buy - Accepting Payment!

Old 07-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default recent developments...

I am offering a group buy for Drilled/Slotted Rotors through RotorPros out of Orange County, California. The group buy will last for approximately one month. We are setting the minimum for this buy at 10 buyers. More will be accepted, but 10 are required for this price. A set of FOUR Cross Drilled/Slotted rotors will be sold for $210, SHIPPING INCLUDED!. You have the option for Cross-Drilled Only, Dimpled Only, Slotted Only, or you can get Cross-Drilled(or Dimpled) AND Slotted.

Rotors are available for the 1997-1999 Tiburons, as well as the 2000-2001 models. Money Order is preferred, but Paypal is accepted. If using Paypal, please include an extra 4% to the total to help cover cost and extra hassle in using Paypal. It's only a few bucks, and you're already getting free shipping.
($210 +2.2% +.30 = $214.92) .. ($240(painted) + 4% = $245.58 ).

<span style="color:blue">Having the rotors painted with a hi-temp primer, paint, and urethane clear will be an additional $30. Normal pricing is usually $10 per rotor. The money will be used to cover supplies and pay for the process. No profit will be made off of this service. </span>

The group buy will end August 19th, and money will be required at that time. Money Order is preferred, but Paypal is, of course, accepted (don't forget to add 2.2% + .30). We are getting a huge deal on these, so don't pass it up. You can't even buy rotors off EBay for this cheap!

Please post here to be included in the Group Buy. Tell all of your RD and RD2 friends about this. RotorPros also hopes to offer 03-04 Tiburon brakes fairly soon.

<span style="color:blue">When ordering, be sure to include whether or not you have <u>captive rotors</u>!</span>

<u>Paying with Money Order</u>, Send to:
Brandon Sanders
403 Beacon Hill Drive
Mount Juliet, TN 37122

$210 for 4 rotors
$240 for 4 rotors treated with hi-temp paint

<u>Paying with Paypal</u>, Send to:
BSander3@utk.edu

$210 +2.2% +.30 = $214.92 - four rotors shipped
$240 +4% = $245.58 - four rotors Painted and shipped

<span style="color:blue">Because the company offering this deal is new to the Hyundai community, I will be handling the money until all money is collected. Once all money is collected, I will send a money order to him and he will get the rotors to us. This way I will be handling all money so you can trust me and not some sidewalk vendor. I paid for my rotors and the transaction went smoothly. Rotors will be shipped via FedEx Ground.</span>

If you would like to put in a Rush Order and be included in this group buy, but need your rotors sooner, we can put your order in before the 10 buyer limit for an additional $10 and get your rotors to you ASAP.

Supersized Pictures Here:
http://home.comcast.net/~majiktib/rotor1.jpg - 2nd gen rotors
http://home.comcast.net/~majiktib/red_tib_rotor.jpg - 1st gen

This picture was taken with my camera phone so quality isn't the best. I will try to get a better picture soon.

2nd Gen Rotors

1st Gen Rotors

Hyundai Aftermarket Thread Location: http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/cgi-bin/...c;f=35;t=000042
Hyundai Performance Thread Location: http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=53691

<u>Buyers</u>
2uniq - Cross Drilled/Slotted - REAR Only - Blue
OdessitPashka - Dimpled and Slotted - No Paint
sito - Jorge - Cross Drilled/Slotted - No Paint - Shipped
JalemX - Cross Drilled/Slotted - White - Shipped
HyundaiKitCoupe - Drilled/Slotted - Red (goldeye355@aol.com) - Delivered
Tank - Cross Drilled/Slotted - No Paint Delivered
FLbeachbum - Cross Drilled/Slotted - No Paint - Shipped
Talux - Cross Drilled/Slotted - Blue - Delivered
Tiburoncruiser - Cross Drilled/Slotted - No Paint - Delivered
Den_Eds - Cross Drilled/Slotted - Red - Paid - Captive Rotors in Belgium
Old 07-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Default RotorPros Group Buy - Accepting Payment!

This double post was authorized by Moderator majikTib to offer additional necessary information.

Things I need to know when you order:
If you have captive rotors (no extra charge)
If you want the rotors painted with hi-temp treated paint (extra charge)
If you want Drilled, Slotted, Dimpled, or any combination (no extra charge)
How you plan to pay (Paypal or Money Order). Prices are listed in first post.

dimpled rotors are the alternative to drilled. Drilled go all the way through the rotors, dimpled are like they sound, drilled into the rotor but not all the way through, just short dimple like holes. Some people prefer dimpled opposed to drilled because they fear the rotors breaking if they get drilled, and think that drilled rotors have decreased the quality and structure of the rotor itself.

--All prices listed are with shipping WITHIN the U.S.
--Rotors ARE zinc plated to prevent rusting
--The red captive rotors in the above post ARE for sale for $200. Never installed, used for display only. Ready to ship at any time. If they sell, it will go as another buyer into the group buy, putting us closer to 10.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Engine Cover

Well besides the thoughts that some people have on the drilled or the dimpled. Which ones are atually better at disipating heat, brake dust, and making the stop faster?
Old 07-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Default FS: T3/T4

I would assume the drilled/slotted combo would be best for that, but I've never tried a set of dimpled before.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: North East Chapter Members

majik you can count me in for a set of the cross-drilled slotted non captive (00 Tibby) rotors plz, Is white available? Thnx!!
Old 07-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Default Re: BUGS!!!

you've been added! wink.gif
Old 07-22-2004, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Post Count

lol.gif just for the record, me too (4) drilled/slotted, <u>NON-captive</u>, painted red.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Post Count

I might change my mind about rotors bein painted, I want to see how they will look with the rims on.

and will the quality really decrease with drilling your rotors?
btw how are they bein made? are they bein driller and then just shipped out?

thanks
Old 07-23-2004, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Blacktibs in a nutshell

Once I put the order in, it will be approximately 2 weeks before we receive the rotors. I will collect all money and send a Money Order to California. He will then put in an order to have the rotors made. They are machined by a well known company (I won't release the name to protect his business. I don't want somebody else to contact the company and try to take away from his business). The rotors will then be shipped back to him and he will send them directly to you guys. The only thing I do is collect the money for him.

Personally, I don't think the quality of the rotors will be hindered by drilling, but I wouldn't suggest doing AutoX with drilled rotors. I've talked to several Cobra and Saleen owners who have cracked their Brembo Big Brake kit rotors before, due to AutoX. To tell you the truth, I didn't think Fords could AutoX, but I guess they can lol.gif

If you're worried at all about quality and structure, you can get Dimpled and Slotted, or whatever combo you'd like. There is no extra charge for the type of rotors you want.

I wasn't able to get pictures up last night, but they will be posted Monday when I get back into town. I'm leaving work early and heading straight to St. Louis to meet up with SPIKE and Imprimis MC at NOPI Midwest. I will make sure I get pics of the rotors on wheels.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Clear corner bulbs

Put me down for 4 drilled/slotted non captive, no paint. Gonna send money order next week with the 10 extra for rushed shipping. How long until i have them with rushed delivery?