Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Rdtiburon.com Custom Badges

Old 09-22-2005, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ um.....yeah, the shape of the shark is the same.

It has just been distorted by being smashed vertically so it would fit, so it looks a little compressed - but the actuall shape has in no way been altered.

2nd...it IS copyrighted. All images/artwork are copyrighted instantly upon their creation. They do not need to say so or bear the copyright symbol, or tell you in anyother way. When you take a photograph, it is copyrighted the second you click the shutter button. When you paint a picture, it is copyrighted the second you set down your brush. When you create a logo, it is copyrighted the second you click 'save.' There is no process to getting something copyrighted, it does not take a lawyer, paperwork, or money. Even ideas are copyrighted, and you can own the rights to an idea if you have the means necessary to prove you came up with it first.

3rd...copyright law DOES not say that if a new name is added, it makes it unique. You think if I put "Hyundai" under a Nike logo and start selling it, that it's ok because it says Hyundai? Even if what company or entity uses that logo is not well known, it is still copyrighted by them and no one else. Logos, regardless of who they belong to, are not public domain. Copyright law does NOT say the logo or copyrighted material must be a well known symbol to be protected. Even if some kid that has lived in his parents basement all his life created that, it is still copyrighted, he still owns it, and he still has the right to sue for it being used without permission for someone else to make money of it.

Another company or person created that shark (thus owns the copyright to it), and anyone else using THEIR image, regardless how they distort it, to make money is illegal. Is the company who owns the copyright to it getting money for each one sold? No. Their logo is being used for someone else to make money.

Now I'm not saying to shut down this group buy - I just wanted redz to know that whoever said they "made" this logo for him, surely did not, and that if who ever does own that logo saw it, they would have legal right to sue because their logo is being used to make money elsewhere.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:09 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm definately less impressed with AC than I was before, which isn't saying anything much.

So, what should we do guys? Get the old badge design contest back up?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Contact the company that the logo belongs too, let them know the situation and see what they say. If they say Nay then we'll make a new one.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:20 AM

That'd be fine and dandy, but who does it belong to?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Okay I got some news.

I did some researching and I found out where that shark logo came from. It was a logo used by a quake clan called "noone". First I visited www.eplayers.pl and found out that they are in no leagues anymore. Then I went and I visited there irc channel which can be found on gamesnet , channel #noone. There topic stats that they are a dead clan that doesn't exist anymore. I msged one of the OPS in that channel and he told me that they have been dead for a while. I asked him about the shark logo and he said he doesnt know what happened to it but they don't use it anymore. So I asked if I could use it and he said he doesn't mind.

So in that case a quake clan that is now dead once used that logo so I'm sure if we use it as he said, they don't care they don't even need it for anything since they are all in seperate clans now.

I used to play quake competitively so thats how I know my way around a little bit. So there we have it. What ever you guys do is up to you all, I personnaly like the badge and want 2 right now tongue.gif
Old 09-22-2005, 09:06 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hey Redz, good to see this finally happening. I still like the logo, but maybe change the font of RD Tiburon?
Old 09-22-2005, 09:42 AM

Guys, the voting on this happened some time ago. If you want a different Font or something, we need to do the entire thing over again. This has taken WAY to long to get where it is, and it looks great this way. Professional.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:52 AM

do it over i like it but that shark is so crammed its hard to make it out unless u look closely
Old 09-22-2005, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Sep 21 2005, 09:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Arctic Chill did them, so if we get sued, we'll just turn them loose on him.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
LMFAO........ lmao.gif fing02.gif lmao.gif fing02.gif

I can't wait for these to be sold...