Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Potential Gb: Who Wants Cat Cams?

Old 11-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Screwdriver @ Nov 13 2005, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Cat Cams are THE most aggressive cams you can run on your STOCK ECU settings. I believe they are between 250-255 degrees (They are not sold in 264 deg) I don't want something too aggressive for my car, hence my interest in these. These would be ideal for someone who wants to extract the most from his NA car, without spending the big bucks on an emanage + tuning.

264's WILL require fuel/ ignition tuning. The stock ECU will not be able to adjust to such a large difference.

I8acobra, how did the car run after you installed these without tuning? Was there an increase in consumption, rough idle, hesitation etc?</div>

The car ran fine without tuning, but it was very lean. I ran 91 octane all the time. If you run 87, it might be lean enough to detonate. I had an adjustable FPR and turned it up to 52 psi for best power. I then installed an SAFC. An SAFC is only $200 on eBay. I'd suggest getting one if you're going to run any aftermarket cams. Hyundai's have such crappy tuning, an SAFC will even benefit a bone stock car.