Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Potential Gb: Who Wants Cat Cams?

Old 11-11-2005, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Intake/ Exhaust Cams. These cams are not too aggressive (~250 deg) and will work with the stock ECU. Mind you, if you dyno tune, you'll get the best out off them. If I'm not mistaken, these cams were run by i8acobra on his NA tib.

If we get close to 10 people, we get an additional 5% off i.e. $570 per set. Still slightly expensive, but below Wholesale prices. I haven't found a better price anywhere for these.

Do <span style="color:#FF0000">NOT</span> post here with questions about the Cams themselves. Search for them on the forums / www or start a new thread.

If you're interested, post your name, when you can pay full amount (no partial payments). Do NOT post unless you're sure.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Sorry, but "Current Group Buys" is for group buys.

This is a Potential GB, about an item most of us know nothing about.

Questions must be asked.

How do they make their cams? Ground from oversised stock or do they add material and grind down (Spotfacing)?

Will the cams come with sprockets?

$570 shipped?

Turn Around time?

Shipped as ordered or shipped at that price after 10 pay? Getting folks to hold almost $600 until 10 sign up is impossible.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:23 PM

Agreed. I just don't want people asking about potential gains, comparison etc. A seperate thread for that will cause less confusion. I have limited information right now, because the tech I need to speak with is gone for the weekend. I will answer what I know.

How do they make their cams? Ground from oversised stock or do they add material and grind down (Spotfacing)? <span style="color:#3366FF">Cams are cast into the mould from what I was told. I'll get an exact answer Monday</span>

Will the cams come with sprockets? <span style="color:#3366FF">No</span>

$570 shipped? <span style="color:#3366FF">No. Shipping will be extra BUT Prices are in $ CDN <u>NOT</u> US$. The US$ equivalent will be approximately $490 + Shipping (Apologies for confusion but I was just told this)</span>

Turn Around time? <span style="color:#3366FF">2 In stock. 2 weeks for any additional sets.</span>

Shipped as ordered or shipped at that price after 10 pay? Getting folks to hold almost $600 until 10 sign up is impossible. <span style="color:#3366FF">Shipped as ordered if 10 people don't express interest. </span>
[/quote]
Old 11-11-2005, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hmm...

With those notes, I'd most likely be up for a set. January.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:17 PM

id be in for these in a couple months. just getting back to work now, gotta save up
Old 11-11-2005, 08:37 PM

January is probably when this will go down. I've asked a couple owners of these cams to post. Hopefully, someone will.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Cams gave me decent gains with the stock head and IM. However, if you're going to P&P your head and IM or run an Airram IM, these cams are way too small, go with the 264's.

The cams do not come with sprockets. You'll reuse your stock ones, or get a set of Fidanza sprockets for fine tuning.

The cams are not regrinds or cast, they're ground from billet.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

i8acobra... if I have AEM CAI, headers, exhaust, and Air Ram... these cams would be too small? would the 264's REQUIRE tuning to run properly?

264's honestly might get a better group buy response.... unless you can include both 250 and 264 in the group buy (charge different prices if necessary). Would you be able to do that?

I know I'm hoping to get the Air Ram in there soon if possible... as soon as finances become available... and several people on here have them (the dedicated tuners at least.. who also happen to be the most likely to be in the GB)
Old 11-13-2005, 02:10 AM

Cat Cams are THE most aggressive cams you can run on your STOCK ECU settings. I believe they are between 250-255 degrees (They are not sold in 264 deg) I don't want something too aggressive for my car, hence my interest in these. These would be ideal for someone who wants to extract the most from his NA car, without spending the big bucks on an emanage + tuning.

264's WILL require fuel/ ignition tuning. The stock ECU will not be able to adjust to such a large difference.

I8acobra, how did the car run after you installed these without tuning? Was there an increase in consumption, rough idle, hesitation etc?