Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Phenolic Spacer Group Buy... New From Outlaw

Old 06-10-2005, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

Like I said above is I am setting up a group buy for Phenolic Spacers group buy.Outlaw Engineering ThermoBlok spacers are thermal insulating replacements for your stock intake manifold and throttlebody gaskets. Made from a heat blocking phenol resin laminate, ThermoBlok spacers increase power from your engine by keeping the intake cooler.

Ok enough said these will yield 3-7hp proven dyno...after we get our buy in number. Then they will be produced and I will show you proven dynos on a completely stock car.. If you would like more info on these I will do a fact sheet right off there web site...I have used these in the past and Id have to say you cant get any better work then from outlaw them selves..I started with my mx6 when he first came out with these and he has grown like no other..[B]Forget the hondadata spacer and jump on my bandwagon and you wont be dissapointed..[B] Redzman feel free to jump in and help. or even edit my post. For all that know me or my bulkbuys thanks for your support..Chris

Ok this is how the price is gonna follow and yes redzman I know parts arent needed but that just means the price will drop.. Ok Id like to start with 10 people min but I think like my last buy Ill go with 16.. Ok most of there 4 cylinder kits go for $99 plus $6 for shipping Kits include as follows
Includes intake manifold spacer, throttle body spacer, gaskets, installation kit, coolant bypass fitting, detailed instructions and an OUTLAW ENGINEERING decal! and this could all change like redzman said that the studs arent needed..

faq and tech section http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=8797

1. Redzman full set
2. Hobgoblin full set
3. Tiburonmoo full set
4. BIGTRE13 full set
5. Lil_Tiby full set
6. loneshark full set
7. Mad-Machine full set
8. Supercow full set
9. Ericy321 full set
17. Proturbotiburon (Prototype set)

misc pieces
1. javageek tb spacer only
2. OdessitPashka tb spacer only

and thanks again for your support...Chris
Old 06-10-2005, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

lets see some pics of the ACTUAL spacer, gaskets and so on, and Im in like flint. Ive already seend the one for the B16 in the other topic !!
Old 06-10-2005, 06:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (proturbotiburon @ Jun 10 2005, 04:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok most of there 4 cylinder kits go for $99 plus $6 for shipping Kits include as follows
Includes intake manifold spacer, throttle body spacer, gaskets, installation kit, coolant bypass fitting, detailed instructions and an OUTLAW ENGINEERING decal! and this could all change like redzman said that the studs arent needed..
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Put me in for one full set for now, I'll get the other set later.

Here's the deal, we do NOT need new studs for the IM or the TB. Ours are PLENTY long enough for 2 spacers on each if needed. LOL

So, you can take that out.

Installation kit? WTF is that? Not needed probably.

Coolant Bypass fitting? Not needed. Just loop your TB coolant line. Tell them to take that out.

All we need is the 2 spacers, Phenolic plastic is made from Phenol and Formaldehyde, it's a thermoset plastic so you cant' melt it down, but it should be good enough for it's own gasket. Shouldn't need 2 gaskets on each. 100 shipped for the 2 spacers sounds allright, but it should be a bit cheaper. Especially with how small the TB gasket is.

Only problem.

Those of us with aftermarket TB's need bigger spacers.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

I only have one comment for you Redz.. what do you mean bigger spacers? thickness or diamater wise? these are easy to port match with a dremel...and yeh I know we dont need half of that stuff.. dont know how much to cut the cost down.. But that seems to be the way they keep things.. Chris
Old 06-10-2005, 08:41 PM

Why don't you get an estimate from them?

I mean we will need bigger ports.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I'd like to see the results of these spacers on a stock car. I plan on getting a polished IM and BBTB but not the Airram. If the results are good and you can get the price down a bit, I would definately be in!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:45 PM

Tom, the results are REALLY good. www.hondata.com has one for us, but I want this one from Outlaw much more. Better made, better material.

If you go to Hondata's website, or search RD for Hondata , you'll see a big post I put up with all the testing info and such.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:47 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

All I need is the TB spacer.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:19 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

how about since chris' kit is almost one third of the stuff in the outlaw kit, how about one third the price ??? 33 bux ??

all we need is :

4 gaskets
2 phenolic spacers
Old 06-12-2005, 02:23 PM

Could I get just the TB spacer? How much?

How thick are they?