Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Onex Plug & Play Hid Kit. Sale.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

it took me about 15 minutes to install my 8000k. Mostly trying to get my frickin' driver's side bulb in there around the battery. Time did not include drilling back of headlight cover.

Take your battery off before installing just for precaution.
Always wait 15-20 seconds after car has started before turning on headlights... this will prolong the life even in regular bulbs.

The bulbs are hard to get in there... hard to make them lock in place (with a little force and effort, you can) and hard to hide the plug inside the housing.

Drill a hole for the grommet... and drill a smaller hole at the bottom (I drilled it on the rectangle that says HMA or something like that) for the 2 wires to go into the headlights. My wires didn't go through the grommet, but my cousin's did. shrug.gif

For those with a CAI, I'd suggest mounting the bracket in place of where the factory airbox bolted down (use those holes to screw it in) and the other ballast can wedge around the washer fluid resevior.

Question... should the white pole be on top or bottom? the bulb can go upside down, notches on both sides so it would work either way. Just wondering if it matters at all.

REDZ.... I don't know if it's really worth it to get fog light HID's... definitely not necessary. 8000k light up the road BLUE. Definitely a bluish tint and everything white shines BRIGHT (signs, painted lines on road, white cars, police cars with blue graphics)... everything is really bright.

I had one bulb in, and one Sylvania Silverstar bulb in... the HID's made the silverstars look YELLOW (same with my bright lights). Up until not, I thought the silverstars were the brightest whitest bulb you could get.

Edit:
Please don't quote the post immediately preceeding your reply. Uneek is allowed to do it as it will help him keep track of everybody's requests, orders, questions, and complaints. Everybody else will be warned after this post.
that is all.
<span style="color:#FF0000">-majikTib (forum nazi)</span>
Old 10-29-2005, 12:15 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well redz would get HID fogs to be ICY HOT STUNNA i think he knows it wont really project more
Old 10-29-2005, 01:00 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib @ Oct 29 2005, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Question... should the white pole be on top or bottom? the bulb can go upside down, notches on both sides so it would work either way. Just wondering if it matters at all.</div>

Thats a good question I'll ask my distributor later today. I'll edit this post once I find out.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

also, for our cars, the wires that tap into the existing harness should go through the grommet, since the harness is on the inside of the headlight housing. I had to drill separate holes for mine.

The wires you sent out for the H4 (9003) HID kit had the pos./neg. wires going through the grommet. The H7 set did not. Also, his came with double sided tape for mounting, whereas mine did not. It's no problem, I'll end up drilling holes for them anyway, just wanted to let you know so you were aware. I may try to get some local guys to buy a set or two from me. Would you offer a discount for bulk buying? (you can send a PM response if you'd prefer).
Old 11-03-2005, 02:24 PM

Yeah there was a difference in the bulb and harness design between the H4 and the H7. We are trying to decide what bulb design to go with, but its hard to choose, because you can imagine, its tough to make one design that will work flawlessly with ALL vehicles.

Sorry about not including the double sided mounting tape in one of the boxes. That was just a goof in the shipping dept.

I'd appreciate any customers you refer to me, however I can't give you a larger discount than I already am. I guess I could wave shipping charges (if its a GB sort of buy), but thats about it.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:21 AM

I just send the money. 10000K for me smile.gif
Old 11-10-2005, 09:21 AM

Hey Man,

I will be taking a set within the next 7 days. I will go with 6000K.

A couple questions:

1) Do you include instructions? Is there a DIY around?

2) Will using an underdrive pulley cause issues?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 11:43 AM

1) Do you include instructions? Is there a DIY around? <span style="color:#006600">Yes, but you won't need them. Installation is that easy.</span>

2) Will using an underdrive pulley cause issues? <span style="color:#006600">It shouldn't. But if it does, you can return the kit for a refund.</span>
Old 11-12-2005, 06:44 PM

Uneek have you received my email and payment? Please let me know asap.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:10 AM

Yes I did. Pm'd ya!