Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Kspec.com Airram GB Signup

Old 01-31-2005, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hmm...

Price on site is 599.

With the Pricebreaks I listed it'd be 499.

Can no one read my first post????</div>

Well DUH I realize that. But if you dont get enough people then it wont go down that far. So unless it does, Im not gonna bother until I really have the money to spend.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:09 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>The design of it is going to get gains. Your going to get better gains then the Stock IM, its purely common sense with the design of it. Whether its worth the money is up to you guys. Its not going to give you no power or make you lose power however, unless its your first or second mod. Best results would be with a full Intake track (Intake, TB) already done.

Bad timing of me Redz though, maybe next time... 02.gif Air-Ram was last on my moddy list, and you know I hate waiting on GBs (I would've gotten by header by now, darn... LOL).</div>

Well, I can see that it SHOULD give gains, but I also believe that this IM will make you loose a lot of low end TQ, which results in basically not feelings the gains of the top end....

I planned on boring, porting, and polishing my stock IM opening and intake runners, which should give some gains as well, and don't see how AirRam would be better than ported, bored and polished stock IM.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It has a different shape than the stock IM. Same idea as a CAI, it gets the air into the runners with more velocity. While it is a rather large IM and it might make you lose a tad bit of low-end, when your modifying your car you don't care about low-end either way. If you wanted low-end you would keep it stock. You make power in the top of the rev range, not the bottom. Its what you sacrifice for power. Its a major modification... the IM is one of the most important pieces on your car.

Its not going to be a very noticable loss, same as using a 4-1 header maybe as an example. If what I've seen of RSide's TBs follows along with their IM, their polished extremely smooth. You can't do that with a dremel and polish it to that perfection unless you were an expert. These are machined IMs from what I can gather.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:25 PM

man, I believe you and everything you are saying SHOULD make sense and work, but until I see someone get better 1/4 MI times or show me real dyno on a good working engine before and after I will not believe that AirRam provides enough HP for the price...
Old 01-31-2005, 10:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Quarter mile isn't really a good representation and neither are dynos. You can't really run a before and after because of the time an IM takes to install. However, you'll have plenty of people after the GB that will tell you whether it was worth it or not. 70% sure you'll wish you wouldve taken that 40 dollar or so discount. tongue.gif
Old 01-31-2005, 10:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>Quarter mile isn't really a good representation and neither are dynos. You can't really run a before and after because of the time an IM takes to install. However, you'll have plenty of people after the GB that will tell you whether it was worth it or not. 70% sure you'll wish you wouldve taken that 40 dollar or so discount. tongue.gif</div>

There was a GB before but I didn't get in because I didn't see how it could make enough power for the money.

If you have a BBTB and CAI and you do a dyno even with a couple day difference with and without AIRRAM it should show the super numbers that are being advertised. Numbers are so high that you can't just not feel or see it... if they are true...

For example: CAI... I installed it and took my car to the track and I felt a HP gain as well as my numbers were a lot nice smile.gif

Redz, sorry for trashing your thread. Could you please move it into performance section with a name "discussion of AIR RAM" or something?

thanks

OP
Old 01-31-2005, 10:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Casper)</div><div class='quotemain'>Exact price = how many ppl actually sign up for it... eyeroll.gif

I would love to jump on this, but I wont have money until spring break at the Earliest 02.gif.</div>

Well, we CAN simply hold it till we have 15 buyers. Or maybe I'll drop it to 12.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mb1604)</div><div class='quotemain'>sorry redz, didnt really pay attention to the REALLY getting one up top lol, and i think tibby341 means he wants to know how many people are getting to see how much the price will actually drop</div>

Well, if everyone waits on the side for it to hit 15, we won't ever get there. Stop being pussies.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not to be a d!ck, but there is no proof that this IM really works and yelds good numbers. I have not seen one car at the track or a dyno shop that has showed better numbers with this IM...</div>

Well, you ARE a Dick, and there is plenty of proof. We've been thru this time and time again, but, alas, this is for SIGNING UP TO BUY THE AIRRAM, not for other talk. If you want a thread on your opinions and misinformation, by all means, start it elsewhere. mad.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well DUH I realize that. But if you dont get enough people then it wont go down that far. So unless it does, Im not gonna bother until I really have the money to spend.</div>

This is just the signup list girl, we can do like the last one and hold it till it IS full. But if everyone waits, it'll be like the Header GB. It'll still happen, but it'll take 6 months.

Okay, posts deleted, warnings issued.

Keep it ON TOPIC.

Start your own thread OP, cut out with the Hijacking and crap. I left Hamheads posts for a reason before you b**** to me on AIM as usual. His posts actually tell folks what this item can do for you.

Yes, there are dyno's out there of this item, unfortuantely, only one is complete and it was on a BAD engine setup from wattsup4800, a member here. On the other hand, we've sold 26 of these now and only had one complaint, from Fordfasterr at EXD. He had a very poor install done on his.

ENOUGH OT HERE.

I'm fed up guys. Really.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:48 PM

By exact prices i just ment how many other ppl are going to get in on this GB. I know there is no possible list but as long as i get the money before this GB ends i'll get in on it.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

I HAVE the money, so put me down, lets just make sure we fill it up.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:44 AM
Jon

The only thing i am bothered about mate is since the group buy has started i have checked the kspec site to see what throttle body to get with this and i have noticed the only one listed on the site you can get is now the 58mm throttle body. Is this right or an error? as it will negate some of the point behind having a 68mm opening on the airram but only 58mm on the throttle body. Both the 65mm and 70mm dont appear to be for sale anymore.

Cheers Jon