Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Korean Products R Us - Check Out Post #24

Old 03-08-2006, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tibster

RedZ and I have teamed up to bring the Hyundai community an opportunity to save more money on performance and dress up parts from Korea.

Here's our plan on how we're going to accomplish it. We are definitely open to suggestions from you guys because the more minds we have working on this, the smoother the operation will be.

The idea is for us to take orders from the states, perhaps from multiple forums/GBs/websites and consolidate orders and ship the items by ocean freight to save MASSIVE amounts with shipping. As we get going we'll also be able to keep some frequently bought items in stock and perhaps even one day open up a warehouse. Our current idea is to rent a storage facility to as a centralized shipping point to the rest of the country.

We know that people hate to wait for items, but if we get enough volume going the turnaround time would definitely decrease. Since I'm in Korea and RedZ is in the states we now have communication on both ends to make sure everything runs smoothly.

We would appreciate any feedback or suggestions to make this better for everyone

Here's a current list of what people are wanting:
1-Turbulence side skirts
1-Aftermarket wheels
1-Throttle body 65mm
1-Lightweight pulleys
Old 03-08-2006, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

20 ft container will run you about 5000 usd to use
then there are the certs and paperwork you need for exporting from korea
you will need an export licence required buy korean law
then you will need to load the container on the truck and pay to have it shipped to pusan or inchon
and then you will have to pay all taxes in korea and then do all this shit again when it enters the usa
so you gusy are looking at about 10000
unless you zip tie a 5th wheel to the top of reds tibby and he can pick up the container

i am calling 837th trans div about pricining

offtopic.gif

how dare you move in on my ideal LOL

i kick you in pee-pee

offtopic.gif
Old 03-08-2006, 06:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The problem with keeping an inventory of products is that it's a huge amount of cash tied up on top of what it cost to get it here. I don't see anyone stepping up to invest that type of cash in the Hyundai community. That's why no one keeps our stuff in stock. But if we could work out some sort of group "ship" where we did it like once a month or something especially if it could be coordinated with our sister sites.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

A few things guys.

1. This won't be CONTAINER shipping, at least not for some time.

2. You will be able to get almost ANYTHING you want, instead of dealing with companies like Kspec.com that refuse to sell you stuff you WANT, but that they don't want to ship. (Yeah, I'm dissing my own company a bit)

3. There will be NO inventory until this is done a few times. Just large crates of prepaid for items by everyone.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

woot this means i wont need to pay any extra shippin cuz ill just pick it up from redz house lmao.gif lmao.gif
Old 03-08-2006, 07:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^
WERD!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 98 hyundai tiburon

can we get bodykits?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

then how can you ship body kits, and other such large iteams, the USPS limit is 75 in with and girth.
how can it be done, becausce this is what i wanted to do to begain with and i wanted to do it here for us but...
Old 03-08-2006, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
YES!

That's one of the main plans. Get a crate full of bodykits that folks want and can't get, for cheaper, then we fill the rest of the void with other wanted parts, then divide up the s/h when it gets back and charge S/H to each person for each part they ordered. Should be MUCH cheaper.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tibster

John, we're not using USPS at all. We'll be using a commercial shipping company at first and piggybacking with other shipments to fill up containers. This way size won't be an issue. Also, I don't believe there's an export tax out of Korea and the import tax to the states is only about 1.5%.