Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

JET-HOT Coating Discount!

Old 12-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: The Person Above You

Are you able to coat the front strut bar? Just the bar, I'll take the handles that bolt to the strut tops off. It's painted blue right now, would I need to sand it all down to the metal first?
Old 12-29-2004, 09:58 AM

Default Re: selling my exhaust system

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaws021)</div><div class='quotemain'>WOW
looks good..

Question..

What would you recommend for the high temps of a turbo manifold? i know some companies have only flat colors because of the extremely high temps...

What do you guys have to offer for turbo manifold, and turbo coatings as far as colors?

thanx</div></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("JetHotCoating")</div><div class='quotemain'>The other coating that is suggested for high temps (like turbos) is the Jet Hot 2000. This coating operates the same way as the sterling silver but only comes in a FLAT black, blue or grey finish and has a fine gritty texture on the outside. This coating is rated up to 2400 degrees F. This coating is $25 more than the sterling silver price (retail). When coating turbos, we coat just the outside and it needs to be taken apart fully.
Thanks
Chris
Jet Hot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka)</div><div class='quotemain'>and how much would it cost to powder coat a log style turbo manifold. It's 60-70% smaller than any 4cyl aftermarket header.</div>

The retail price to coat a small cast iron (or even a small 4cyl header almost the same size) with the sterling silver finish is $95+s&h back.
Thanks
Chris
Jet Hot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib)</div><div class='quotemain'>can you do colors or just a stainless steel look? Are you able to do valve covers (what price) or fluid resevoirs?</div>

The most popular finish is the sterling silver,but we also have a FLAT black, blue and grey finish. The retail price to coat a 4cyl valve cover with the sterling silver finish is $65+s&h back. Add $20 if you want the other colors.
Thanks
Chris
Jet Hot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon)</div><div class='quotemain'>can calipers be jet hot coated or would that melt the ceramic?</div>

Yes, we can coat calipers. They need to be fully taken apart. The retail price to coat a brake caliper with the sterling silver finish is $45+s&h back.
Thanks
Chris
Jet Hot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib)</div><div class='quotemain'>Are you able to coat the front strut bar? Just the bar, I'll take the handles that bolt to the strut tops off. It's painted blue right now, would I need to sand it all down to the metal first?</div>

Yes, we can coat the front strut bar. The retail price to coat the bar with the sterling silver finish is $15per ft+s&h back. To get the best finish, sanding the bar is a good idea. The coating will not smooth out or hide any rough areas.
Thanks
Chris
Jet Hot
Old 12-29-2004, 10:03 AM

Default Re: JET-HOT Coating Discount!

when is the deadline for this? or is it as soon as we get 10 items...

i would like to get my turbo manifold and valve cover done, as well as an up-pipe but i havent even bought my intercooler yet i just got the $$ yesterday!! how many more items do you need to reach 10 and if yorue already there, when is the deadline.

also those color strips that were posted up are lina unclear, is there a purple color at all?
Old 12-29-2004, 10:09 AM

Default Re: JET-HOT Coating Discount!

Since this was already started, I have already gotten over 5 orders so we are well on the way. The dead line is 2/28/05. We can offer the sterling silver, FLAT black, blue or grey(sorry not purple).

Thanks
Chris
Jet Hot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (beppomarx)</div><div class='quotemain'>when is the deadline for this? or is it as soon as we get 10 items...

i would like to get my turbo manifold and valve cover done, as well as an up-pipe but i havent even bought my intercooler yet i just got the $$ yesterday!! how many more items do you need to reach 10 and if yorue already there, when is the deadline.

also those color strips that were posted up are lina unclear, is there a purple color at all?</div>
Old 12-29-2004, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Header O2 sensor headache

OHHHHHHHHHHH

i thought it read 12/28, that is why i was confused that you came on today and posted like it was still open hahaha. so theres still 2 months thats awesome news.

so what we are looking at is shipping everything to you like 02/25-02/28, having them all done and back to us like the 1st week of march? that fits my timeframe perfectly, nice deal.

when are you looking for payment of this, pretty much anytime before shipment am i correct?

i am definitely down for a turbo manifold, valve cover, and up-pipe- but i wont be paying until close to th deadline. theres too much other stuff that needs my finances in the meantime.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Header O2 sensor headache

The payment would be taken care of when the parts are received.

Thanks
Chris
Jet Hot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (beppomarx)</div><div class='quotemain'>OHHHHHHHHHHH

i thought it read 12/28, that is why i was confused that you came on today and posted like it was still open hahaha. so theres still 2 months thats awesome news.

so what we are looking at is shipping everything to you like 02/25-02/28, having them all done and back to us like the 1st week of march? that fits my timeframe perfectly, nice deal.

when are you looking for payment of this, pretty much anytime before shipment am i correct?

i am definitely down for a turbo manifold, valve cover, and up-pipe- but i wont be paying until close to th deadline. theres too much other stuff that needs my finances in the meantime.</div>
Old 12-29-2004, 10:40 AM

Default Re: my 99

sorry to be a bug here but i just want to clarify on prices (the ones that i am interested in)

you say a turbo manifold would be $95 (+$25 for the 2000 style coating)
valve cover $65 (+$20 for additional coloring)
up-pipe (???)

which brings me to ask: the STANDARD color is the metallic silver right? if we want flat black, grey, or blue it will be an extra $20 regardless of surface area/part coated?

also on coating abnormal things like piping is there a general charge that i can ballpark with? like is it $10 per square foot or something so that once i have my piping made i can have a good estimate in my head of what to expect based on surface area???

thanks in advance, i promise ill stop bombing you with questions now laugh.gif
Old 12-29-2004, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Bride seats and corbeau seat brackets.

The standard and most popular is the sterling silver finish whic is rated up to 1300 degrees F. You can get the same coating but in a FLAT black, blue or grey for $20 more. The JET HOT 2000 only comes in a FLAT black, blue or grey and has a gritty texture finish on the outside of the part. The JET HOT 2000 is $25 more than the sterling silver price. The prices I'm quoting are retail.

The retail price to coat pipes with the sterling silver finish under a 3" diam is $15 per ft. From 3" to under 4" diam is $20 per ft. 4" to under 5" is $25 per ft. Now if you want the JET HOT 2000 on the pipes, it is $5 more per foot.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as needed!!! laugh.gif

Thnaks
Chris
Jet Hot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (beppomarx)</div><div class='quotemain'>sorry to be a bug here but i just want to clarify on prices (the ones that i am interested in)

you say a turbo manifold would be $95 (+$25 for the 2000 style coating)
valve cover $65 (+$20 for additional coloring)
up-pipe (???)

which brings me to ask: the STANDARD color is the metallic silver right? if we want flat black, grey, or blue it will be an extra $20 regardless of surface area/part coated?

also on coating abnormal things like piping is there a general charge that i can ballpark with? like is it $10 per square foot or something so that once i have my piping made i can have a good estimate in my head of what to expect based on surface area???

thanks in advance, i promise ill stop bombing you with questions now </div>
Old 12-29-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Re: selling my exhaust system

Great prices. If everything works out for me I will be getting my turbo manifold done with the 2000 style coating smile.gif

Guys don't forget that we get another 30% off the prices that he gives smile.gif
Old 12-29-2004, 12:37 PM

Default Re: New Decal Design Contest...

argh ok, im back for more smile.gif

i had a shop that has closed down apparently in the last year or so that had a 'piston package' where they would ceramic coat the piston done and also apply some sort of electrostatic (i think, its been a while since i talked to them) coating to the skirts to reduce friction against the bore.

do you do or recommend ceramic coating piston domes? and if so, how much would it cost per piston (76.5mm bore, dished piston)? also i would need to know the thickness of the coating(s) themselves so that when the pistons are built i can take those few thousandths thickness into consideratoin.

also i know this group buy is for ceramic only, but do you know of or offer anything to coat the skirts of the piston to reduce friction, or is this a myth, or not your area to discuss?

thanks again.