Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Group Buy for Digital Gauges (proposition for Group Buy)

Old 02-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I know the Voiddweller is working on a group buy at the moment, but I had already contacted a company asking if they would consider doing a group buy. They will offer 5-15% discount depending on the number of gauges ordered. These gauges are more expensive than most (most common gauges are $90 each), but extremely nice in my opinion. To see the products, go to the link below
http://dakotadigital.com/new_products.cfm
Here is the e-mail I received from the Sales Department:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Good afternoon Brandon,
Thank you for your email!
Yes...we'd be glad to work something out with a discount based
upon a total number of pieces (separate gauges) purchased. As you may have noticed, we offer a pair of "families" of individual round gauges: Odyssey Series II, which have a teal-green colored display, along with either a chrome, or black surrounding trim bezel. The other style is our Solarix lineup, which will have a blue display, along with either a chrome, black, or blue-chrome surrounding ring. It really would not matter whether some people would like Odyssey Series II, and some would like the Solarix...they can all count towards the discount quantities.
What I can offer is a 5% discount at 20-29 pieces, 10% at 30-39
pieces, or 15% at 40&up pieces.

As far as ordering goes, that's really up to you. If you'd like
everyone to place their own separate orders (and use separate credit
cards) that will be fine. Or, if you'd prefer to pay for everyone
at one time, and all ship together to a central location, that will
be fine too. It may be easiest for you to have me ship directly to
the customers, but whatever works best is fine with me.
As far as payment goes, we can either accept prepayments with a
money order/cashiers check....or, Visa/Mastercard/Discover/Amex is
usually the quickest method.
What we could possible do, if we do decide to proceed....we could just create an alloted time to have an order placed. For example, everyone can place their orders within 2 designated days, or whatever time frame we decide upon. I would assume most orders could be placed online, and we could just have everyone reference a certain code in order to count towards the total. Once the time frame has expired, I can contact you with a total number of pieces order, and the discount you'll receive, and every order could be processed at that time. Does something like this sound like it may work? It may take a lot of weight off your shoulders to coordinate all of the parts/payments, etc.</div>

Here is an example of one of the gauges

What I can offer is a 5% discount at 20-29 pieces, 10% at 30-39 pieces, or 15% at 40&up pieces.
..... this is directly from the sales department. So if we get 40 gauges ordered (15 people order 3 gauges each would be 45) then we get 15% off on their gauges. I don't think it's limited to any of the gauges, so if you want gauges for your Turbo setup, or Air Ride, you can get those with the discount as well. ($90 - 15% = $76.50)... I doubt that includes shipping, but that should be very cheap.

Please Post Your Interested, whether or not the prices are too high or if you would be interested in being involved. Remember that Voiddweller is working on a group buy also, so if you want to be in the other, less expensive one, I understand. I just wanted to give it up for conversation and debate. It would be open to all Hyundai and Non-Hyundai people, so if you know some friends, they can get involved also.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:38 AM

A couple week too late for me, I would have jump in but I had my triple pod for months now so I got myself some Autometer gauges, same color as our stock gagues. 02.gif
Old 02-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Administrator

I would more than likely be buying all three gauges for my own pillar, and I have a couple local friends that may be interested in getting a few gauges. So if I can get 3 myself, and 5 for friends, that's already 8... and there are gauges for tons of stuff, including air ride setups and boost/fuel gauges.

Some of the gauges on their website are:

oil pressure, water temp, voltmeter, fuel level gauge, oil temp, Trans Temp 8) , fuel pressure, Head Temperature 8) , Gas Temp, Air Temp 8) , clock/outside air temp/day of week readout 8)

I believe all if not most of the ones above are $90 (except for the last one). The last one really caught my eye, so I put a link to it below
http://www.dakotadigital.com/zoom.cfm/-/Pa...X-16-1/zoom.htm

They also have a gauge that will monitor tire pressure for all 4 corners of your car, but that's a little pricey
Old 02-12-2004, 12:38 PM

I'd be interested but it really depends on the time frame, i just bought dynomat for the hatch, strut bars from kspec (and 1.8Lcam) and speedstate, i'm in on the rotor GB and the Rside SS GB, so i'm already close to my spending limit for the winter.

I've been looking at thier guages for a couple of months now, they do look good. I'll be checking this post to see how many other people get in on it and if theres enough to get the price down to the 40+ gauge discount, then i'll prob be in.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:20 PM

i need 3 gauges.. however boosting two cars at once isnt a cheap thing to do and $76 for 1 gauge is a bit out of my league. So Im not completely sure, but I'll get back to you on this
Old 02-13-2004, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Default 2 12" subs and an amp *SOLD*

I agree, these gauges are pretty expensive, but they look oh so sexy, don't they? Kinda hard to pass up... but when you get 3, it adds up quickly. I guess this is for those of us who don't worry about money as much, because the prices are fairly high :-/
Old 03-23-2004, 11:45 PM

THese are bad a#$ looking guages to bad they are not in red.:-)
Old 05-26-2004, 05:34 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

Im in LOVE with these guages... I wish there was a bit more of a price cut... if there is, I am SO in on this one!!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:15 PM

Sounds like fun to me count me in...