Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Gi: Rd Series Engine Damper Kits

Old 01-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, these will be done FOR SURE and coming within the next month or two.

These have been designed by myself in autoCAD so the fitment will be spot on. I am using existing dimensions off of the strut tower and top of engine mount to design the brackets. therefore, there will be no 'trying to get them to fit' a prototype will be made first to ENSURE direct bolt on fitment.

I already have a source for the strut/hardware from NRG. I also have someone who will be cutting custom brackets for our cars once the CAD design is finished and perfected to work on our cars.

They will be offered in SILVER only. The hardware that comes with the strut assembly will include: nuts, bolts, washers, heim joints, adjustable strut.

The Brackets will be made from either 1/8" Carbon steel and painted black, or made from 1/8" stainless steel and left raw. They will be made from stainless if it fits within the 100$ shipped budget.

There will need to be a MINIMUM of 20 people in this GB for it to happen for the price of ~100$ shipped. If there is 15-20 it will be 5$ more per kit.

Here is a pic of the NRG engine damper kit for a civic. The only thing that will be different on ours will be the brackets.

here is what they do, copied from NRGs website
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Usually mounted to the engine or mount to a rigid part of the chassis such as strut tower, this unit stabilizes engine movement under load. Increases engine responsiveness by reducing power loss to the drivetrain. Useful during hard launches by providing extra controllability since engine movements are dampened. Shifting and throttle response becomes smoother, useful for the weight transfer used in drift and time attacks. Also saves engine mounts.</div>

Installation of these kits will be about a 10 minute install. There is a counterweight on top of you passenger engine mount. there are 2 12 mm bolts holding it on. You will remove the counterweight and replace with the damper mount.

The other damper mount goes right on the strut tower. Just remove the front two nuts, put the damper bracket on, replace bolts.

After the brackets are installed, attach the damper, and your finished..

The SAME mass produced NRG damper kits go for 90$ +shipping and these will go for pretty much the same price as them.

Payment will be accepted through paypal and money order ONLY. These will only be available in the USA and Canada to start. If this GB goes well, I will open this up to international buyers.

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">ONLY POST IF you are seriously interested in getting in on the GB.

If you have real questions, ASK

Do NOT ask questions like 'can't you get these in other colors' 'why so much $, i see em on ebay for 40$ shipped' 'can you powdercoat them'
</span>
Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

What kind of conflict with strut bars?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned

the brackets will go right below or above the strut bar brackets.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM

So they will kind of double stack then. Wonder how thick it will be. There may be a possibility of it being to think and not having enough stud to screw onto.

And if anyone wants these overseas there are members who would ship to you if you would like. I would and I know Redz has in the past.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I am very interested. I am also curious on the strut bar issue though, I wouldn't give up my strutbar.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Banned

they are thin enough to fit both a strut bar AND these kits on.. already checked that at RED Z's house..

I may ship to people overseas in a GB after this one. i just want this one to run smoothly first and see how it goes.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:57 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These Engine Dampers will fit RD1 and RD2 Tiburons, that's 1996-2001 Tiburons.

They provide less engine bounce durring shifts and allow more power transfer to the wheels.

These kits are adjustable. If you are unfamiliar with them, you can view them as you would an adjustable solid engine mount. They can provide enough force to just look cool on your engine or they can make it solid as heck.

These Dampers are stylish and add something to your engine bay, and do not take away from the natural Tiburon beauty.

Alot of planning has gone into this project and this price is only available through RDTiburon.com. They are not being made in mass quantities but, the finest techniques of CAD and precission engineering are going into their production.

They will increase the immediate response of the engine to the wheels of a stock vehicle as they would a turbocharged vehicle. The only difference between the two is the ammount of dampening force you choose.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

what kind of time frame are we looking at to have these shipped and in peoples hands??

late april??
Old 01-20-2008, 10:11 PM

Jump on this guys, this is a pretty sweet piece of kit.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned

its mainly going to depend on how fast we can get 20 people interested and paid for these kits.

getting the brackets cut and bent will only take a few days.

as soon as people are paid up and such, the 20 strut kits will be ordered, which wont take long to get here (getting them from cali)

then, i will need to box these up, and ship them all out.

after people are paid up, i would believe it would be less than 2 weeks for every kit being out for shipping.