Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Gb - Motor_ware Rear Strut Tower Bar Kit

Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Motor_ware is giving us another great product! Its a Rear Strut Tower Bar.

Available in High Polished Aluminum Finish

Bracket Colors available:

Metallic Black

Metallic Red

Metallic Blue

Gun Metal Metallic

Their asking price for these bars are 69.99 plus 17.00 S/H

Group Buy Break Down:

5-9 Orders: 75.00 Shipped

10-20 Orders: 70 Shipped

To sign up I need the following information:

1. Name
2. RDTiburon handle
3. Color of Brackets

We will run this group buy for 2 weeks. Then we will start collecting payment. Should be quick and simple just like the oil cap group buy. No 5 month waiting period!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

What do the brackets on these look like?

Upon seeing this, I may get one to replace my brackets and then sell the bar with my old brackets.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I think they've been reviewed by tibbytib before... I'll see if I can find it
Old 03-05-2009, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Here's tibbytibs's thread on the bar::

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...p;hl=rear+strut
Old 03-05-2009, 07:06 PM

I can get one ahead of time and directly compare it to the whiteline one that looks identical. Bet you they are the exact same. The whiteline is like 179 bucks.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

REDZMAN- I would definitely take you up on that man. INFACT......Why dont I send it to you!!! That will solve this bickering once and for all. PM me your shipping address and I'll have it in the mail tomorrow. I would just about bet its IDENTICAL to the Whiteline bar you have.

Folks, this really is a great bar and a really GOOD deal. If you want to nag about the quality, there is already a thread about it to post in. By the way, Thanks to Bommello and likeyoumeanit for remembering the FULL write up I did on this bar about a month ago. Props brothas.

This is for all the haters:

I have been working with Motor_ware for a while and they really seem to be an honest and upfront company. Here is a direct quote from an email sent to me regarding your concerns:

"We do not know what kind of material they order and use. We order material from IS900x recognized supplier and manufacture our products in our own factory. All of the material we use on our products are according to international standard. The center bar is made of 6063-T6. The material properties and specification can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6063_aluminum. The Tiburon front strut bar on ebay was our design. One of the seller was our previous customer. That company just copied our design."

Here is a link to a front strut bar, MUCH more similar to the ebay strut bars than this bar, and they are made with a different grade of Aluminum: Import Shark Front Strut Tower Bar

The front strut bars that Import Shark sells are made with 6061 Aluminum, not the 6063-T6 that Motor_ware's manufacturer uses.

This Rear Strut Tower Bar from Motor_ware is NOT the same bars seen on ebay. It doesnt even look like the same, I know, I HAVE one on the front of my car!

(by the way, for those looking for an AIRRAM compatible strut bar, Get the 15.00 on ebay. Hate on it all you want, but the fact that it WORKS is what really counts, doesnt it?)

For those of you who have known me long enough, you know that I would not promote something that I didnt think would meet the expectations of this club and forum. Hello, I wouldn't put it on my OWN car if I didnt think it was a great product. And in the same respect, if I thought you guys were getting ripped off, do you really think I would tell you guys to buy a 15.00 product for 75.00. That really is kind of insulting and I hope you folks really dont think I am that naive or trying to "swindle" the members out of money.

Enough, I am tired of all the whining. For those of you who are skeptical, dont order one.

For all those who ARE interested in a great bar for a fantastic group buy offer, then sign up! fing02.gif
Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

As for the material, 6063 t6 is good stuff, so long as the cross-section is appropriate

Tibbytib is a good guy, look at the last group buy that he did, he was organized, upfront and made sure to take care of everyone; it was as smooth of a transaction as I could have imagined.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I'd pre-buy one and send the money right now if I had a reason to. But since I don't, figured I'd stop by and give my .02 BUYONE!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I was part of the last group buy. The speed communication were EXCELLENT! Everyone paid on time and product shipped on time...

The oil cap looked great, fit great and was a nice addition. I would like to think that the rear strut bar will be the same thing.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 AM

Okay, I cleaned up the thread, post if you are interested in buying folks, but otherwise post in the other linked thread for discussion.

Address sent, I'll do a direct comparison between the 2, and check a few things out.

My final question for tibbytib, find out if they powdercoat or just paint the brackets.