Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

GB:Garrett T-25 Turbos

Old 09-07-2004, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Custom Sub Box

I sent you a PM, Speed.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:15 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: 1st gen body kits :)

someone back me on this. is this just the turbo manifold?

sorry if i'm a newbie on turbos, but what can this do to a stock engine?

don't you need the entire kit and intercooler which will cost at least 2 grand?
Old 09-08-2004, 12:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Custom Short Shifter.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>someone back me on this. is this just the turbo manifold?

sorry if i'm a newbie on turbos, but what can this do to a stock engine?

don't you need the entire kit and intercooler which will cost at least 2 grand?</div>

this is just the turbo, your gonna need everything else. eh if you go with tim you'd have to ask him... I'd say a rough 1200 bucks for the rest???
Old 09-08-2004, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Making my 97 1.8L Tib front non captive + rear captive D

oof, a good price for a good manifold. but bare without a kit. i'm positively going turbo but it's not my time just yet. i've got to get my f2 bumper in, rotors/brakelines/pads/lighting/paint on soon before i go turbo.

does speed-factor sell the turbo kits? i'm guessing it's nearly impossible to find a tib turbo for under $2000. i'm needing one but i'm thinking of buying a kit (with intercooler).

i'll post back soon if anything changes. thanks for answering my question!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Pyle of sound or Pyle of crap?

Hi Tim,
probably all the guys already running a turbo know a lot about them, however, us who want to go turbo some time in the future, are going to need a little help.
I have read the basics about turbo's on other threads (HA.com) and I understand the Garrett T25 is the smallest turbo on the Garrett lineup right?
So this T25 is a small turbo for guys wanting less than 7 psi? How many more could this turbo handle?
Regards to detonation (and incoming air temp), would this turbo need an intercooler as an obligation, or at 7 psi would be just fine?
Sorry for the newby questions, but the price is tempting enough as to ask just in case... (I already bought an AirRam and I am just about to buy a BBTB so if I am going to decide turbo after all, my BBTB would be a bigger one).
Old 09-13-2004, 12:35 AM

Default Re: GB:Garrett T-25 Turbos

what is pictured is NOT a turbo manifold. this is for the Garrett turbo itself, and a nice one at that. Garrett makes great turbos as it is. this is a good deal.

it's probably better to get your whole set up, yes. speed-factor sells everything you will need - check his thread. the axis kit from real-engineering isn't a bad idea if your'e getting an intercooler anyway, but i think that's for beta2 only kind of set-up..... (can't remember)

if you're looking into setting up a turbo - do some research and look at some of the boosted rides here on this site.