Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Brembo Bbk Feeler

Old 08-21-2006, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know alot of people have talked about wanting to get Brembo Big Break Kits, but they haven't been available for our cars. I forget if anyone seriously tried to get this going or not.

Anyways, I had a chance to meet with a Brembo Rep on Saturday and after he looked at my car, I discussed with him interest amoung the 97-01 Tiburon group in having a Brembo BBK available.

So, here's the deal, sweet and simple: If we can get THREE people to seriously buy a Brembo BBK, they will make it.

All it takes is 3. It will be only the front, would have to show strong interest in the rear also to get that going. Price range is going to be around the Wilwood, $1,000~$1,500. Don't have an exact figure, cause we'd have to get into more specifics about the BBK setup.

I just thought I would throw this out there to see if we had any interested parties... or if the Wilwood is good enough, then don't worry about an option from Brembo.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:11 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

they are available and have been available for our cars

i tried to run a group buy a while back and no one would get em

good luck thoughmang
Old 08-21-2006, 11:07 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'd be all over this if I hadn't just bought suspension... Willwood? Any information on the kit such as if it would be a direct swap? 11inch? I'll consider maybe next year. You meeting with a Brembo rep is a very close contact as well as opportunity. I heard Brembo brake kits only cost about $800-$900 though.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 AM

They don't have a BBK for our cars. They do make replacement rotors though. I'm talking about a BBK, 4 piston calipers, larger discs, steel brake lines, etc. package.

With the prices, I'm not too sure about them because we didn't get into specifics of the price. He did say it would cost an extra 15% to get them started for 3, unless it was like a huge order. I just kinda wanted to put this out there to see, and then take the interest back, talk to the rep and them we can get some better numbers in price.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I'd be interested. Naturally, depending on price and timeframe. I'd need a little time from the announcement that this will be happening to payment day to gather the cash.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

there are tons of companies that buy brembo & wilwood products and manufacture bbks for cars. precision brakes does it with wilwood parts.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:06 PM

Update: Added following to first post: (Uhh... ok not added, I wanted to add it, but it won't let me.)

The Brembo rep called me and we talked a little more about the BBK for our cars.

He said that for just the fronts (2-piece w/4 caliper pistons, Steel Brake lines, mounting hardware), it will cost about $2599.00 retail. (About the normal price Retail on Brembo BBKs, check around for the '03s, that's what they cost.)

I'm sure you all are familiar with the high quality of Brembo Kits, so unless I have to, I won't go into details about it. (please refer to Brembo's site for more info on their products: http://www.brembo.com/ENG/HighPerformance-Brakes/FAQs/ ) But, to summarize, they have very high quality parts.

As far as a group discount goes, that all depends on how much interest.
For now, I know at 3 kits, it is retail price, and that will put the product on the market. But it sounds like I can get a 3+1 deal... so basically, take 4 for the price of 3..... about $1950.00 for the first 4 kits.

But that would require 4 serious buyers.
If there are 4 of you out there who really want some Brembos, this is the best deal I can get for you. Plus it benefits everyone because now we would have a kit.