Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

ARK Limited GB: 5 speed Short shifter with knob!!!

Old 03-14-2005, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARK Limited GB: 5 speed Short shifter with knob!!!

Hyundai Tiburon 5 Speed Short Throw Shifter with Metallix Knob for the 1997-2001 Hyundai Tiburon

This item is made of 303 Stainless steel CNC Design and features a 30% reduction in throw. These Metallix-ARK Racing Sport Shifters are engineered to substantially shorten the shifter throw. Providing smooth, precise shifts along with extremely durable components, these shifters will provide trouble free shifts for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Note: This item includes with Metallix Shifter design knob. It is included in this price. Price will not reduce without the knob, sorry.

Some other features:
CAD designed
CNC machined aluminum pivot assembly
Billet aluminum knob with engraved insert.
Shift throw reduced for quicker shifts

SAVE OVER 21%
PRICE: $149 + 15.00 Shipped in the Continental USA. Anywhere else, please contact me, and I'll give you a quote.

ENDS THE END OF THE MONTH!

Btw, for those who don't know, ARK does provide excellent customer service - if you are stuck during this DIY, contact us, and we'll help you out! All items will be shipped out within 24 hours of payment, with a tracking number. We will not keep you waiting like other group buys!

We also have a variety of other STS's for other Hyundai years and models, and also other makes and models. Anything from Hyundai to Corvette, please inquire!

Reviews of our product:
http://www.arkspeedracing.com/arkcmd/3603767/
http://www.arkspeedracing.com/arkcmd/3603667/
http://www.arkspeedracing.com/arkcmd/4503667/
Old 03-14-2005, 08:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ARKPerfomance)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hyundai Tiburon 5 Speed Short Throw Shifter with Metallix Knob for the 2003 to 2005 Hyundai Tiburon/Tuscani/Coupe

Note: Please verify which shifter you have below. As far as we know, the 97-00 and the 00-01 have different shifters. We are almost certain that the first one is the 00-01 shifter while teh 97-00 is the second one.</div>

Huh? You meant the 97-01 Tibs in that first sentence, right?
Old 03-14-2005, 08:11 PM

I checked out his site.. He has em for RD's so maybe?? They are the same price as GK's..

And ARK, you might want to modify your years.. You cant have a short shifter fit 01-05 and a short shifter that will fit 97-00 will fit 01 also..

Just a bit of advice, because when I see this on sites, I figure the company is a joke.. If they cant get years right, how will they get parts right?
Old 03-14-2005, 08:15 PM

Damnit Ark I have posted on your forum, im'd you and sent you an email about this. The 97-01 use the same damn shifter. I bought the one you advertise as only for up to the 00 and have it on my 01. Like I said many times before.

The first two pics are for the GK's NOT FOR ANY RD's up to and INCLUDING 2001! The 97-01 use the one that is in the third and fourth pics.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iamcyclopseatme)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just a bit of advice, because when I see this on sites, I figure the company is a joke.. If they cant get years right, how will they get parts right?</div>

Yeah exactly...because he also said this:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>We are almost certain that the first one is the 00-01 shifter while teh 97-00 is the second one</div>

I mean, he doesn't even know which shifter is for which car? eyeroll.gif
Old 03-14-2005, 08:26 PM

ack, sorry about that, i'll need to get them to update it. wierd though...b&m seems to have it wrong too

http://www.bmracing.com/index.php?id=produ...cat=3&subcat=15

i'll change it in this group buy for now, and i'll get it changed for our website soon. sorry about that. ultratibby, we were just waiting on our factory to tell us whether or not we had it right or not
Old 03-14-2005, 08:28 PM

No problem, just wanted to make sure everything is straight with this.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:29 PM

Didnt mean to bash you dude. Love the products just been a bad day and little things set me off laugh.gif: . I will try to take pics of mine installed in the next few days and post them up in here so everyone can see it. I have had the OBX and RSide basic shifters and this is by far the best one without question. I would definately recommend it.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

man, time to clear some things up. a search would have yeilded this, we have talked about it a million times.

SOME late model 01 tibs came with different baseplate. those specific rds would use the elantra shifter(which prolly is the same as the gk beta shifter...dont know for sure though.)
Old 03-14-2005, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ Adding to Tibby01's post, 97-01 with the black baseplate all take the same shifter. I believe it is a white baseplate that yields a different shifter. I am not sure on the color, because I have an 01 with a black baseplate.