Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Airram Intake Manifold Group Buy QUESTIONS!!!

Old 02-08-2005, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

No, I've got the moteria bar.

I don't know where I'd get them made, I was going to have my dad weld me some and get them PC'd.

Just look in the phonebook for some custom auto guys, or metal fab shops, and give them a call. Should be like 50 bucks or less for 2 of them, 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Tibbychick, I already new the answer to that question. I can't picture Redz with anything with Shark Racing written on it. Your right Redz, they are only forty bucks or so to get them made, or if you want you can make them yourself with a little intelligence if you have the tools.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:11 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>Tibbychick, I already new the answer to that question. I can't picture Redz with anything with Shark Racing written on it.</div>

Um...good for you?? I know REDZ wouldnt have shark racing bar. Thats why I used quotes, because Shark Racing uses the same products that other companies do. I figured MAYBE there was a chance that he had the same type of bar.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>No, I've got the moteria bar.

I don't know where I'd get them made, I was going to have my dad weld me some and get them PC'd.

Just look in the phonebook for some custom auto guys, or metal fab shops, and give them a call. Should be like 50 bucks or less for 2 of them, 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.</div>

hit me up redz i can so get these made...Chris
Old 02-11-2005, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Ok back from my snowboarding trip and wow. To simply rebutle politely. You talk about the airram but noe-one stated outright "IN WHAT I FOUND" my questions so sorry for not wanting to WASTE an entire new thread on one post. In most every board I belong to they rather have a no nonsense Q&A in the existing thread rather than a list of single post threads. But maybe we love clicking the back button. And because I am just "always" using my pretend welder I got for my birthday cuz it is sooo handy for a whitecollar guy to have one around in the apartment, I'll pretend I made a set so I can use two products I pay for instead of swapping them in and out. Fabrication in Virginia? Let me specify Northern Virginia (not bluecollar country) finding a shop to do the work would be hard and to influence them to do it once . . .your paying extra for that guy to pocket for his time. But that is fine I work hard so I don't have to build my own less it's unique, that's why I pay pro's to do it right, in half the time, the first time. I'm through with the topic. thank you.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Chris, the guy doing the new Brakes for us via USBrakes, has offered to make a Airram Strut Bar.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:13 PM

^Really? Id be down for that, depending on how it looks. Because Im very partial to the one I just put on my car.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Chris, the guy doing the new Brakes for us via USBrakes, has offered to make a Airram Strut Bar.</div>

yep that be Precision Racing Online... i will be looking into ideas for design i like the one yellow one i saw on kspec.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick)</div><div class='quotemain'>^Really? Id be down for that, depending on how it looks. Because Im very partial to the one I just put on my car.</div>
do you have pics of the one you got? and who makes it?
Old 03-02-2005, 09:01 PM
TDA

I've been searching and reading up lots on the BBTB, and AIRRAM information on the forums, I've found out a lot.. including REDZMAN's DIY for the BBTB.. one thing that does concern me is that the Tigerlily BBTB offered in the group buy does not seem to have the coolant nipples...

and this thread talks about potential cold weather problems...
http://www.rdtiburon.com/forum/showthread....tb+cold+weather

Posting here as not to clog up the official GB thread...

I'm up here in igloo country, this winter we had two week of straight -30 to -35 degree (celsius - still air) cool snaps... so, I'm pretty sure I'll have problems...

So, I think the way to go is simply bore out my stock TB to 58mm, so I can keep the coolant heating feature.

Anyone else who has cold weather experience can comment on the BBTB without coolant nipples?
Old 03-02-2005, 09:07 PM

hahaha, nipples.

My Barney TB doesnt have the nipples so I had my coolant lines plugged up for a year or so, never had any problems. We did do the coolant bypass mod recently and it runs fine, even in the extreme cold.

Chris mines made by everyone's favorite SHARK RACING lol. Its just chrome with black brackets and its got the shark logo on the middle. I just love it, thats all.