Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

Airram Intake Manifold Group Buy QUESTIONS!!!

Old 02-07-2005, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Airram Intake Manifold Group Buy QUESTIONS!!!

I've seen you all post about the AIRRAM before, but if I may be so dumb. . . 1.) How is the benefit for having it simply please?
2.)Does it fit under the hood ok? it looks like it pops up above the engine.
3.)what's up with the eyesore intake? Will my cold air fit fine with it? or am I going to rig up some extra inches to get it to reach where it was sitting to the stock intake.
Thanks.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:46 AM

I want to know the same thing about the CAI. As I already have one I would hate to have to buy another intake for this. What does the ceramic coating do? And this may be a stupid question but I'm asking b/c I have no idea, does the RD2 have a Beta I engine? If so and this will hook up fine with the CAI then I'm definitely in. Let me know, I'll check back to the site a little later on and if everything's cool then I'm in and I'll send the deposit. ~Thanks!
Old 02-07-2005, 10:20 AM

your 3rd Q I don't know the answer, but my guess is it seats so close to the OEM manifold, that you won't even notice it.
About your 2nd Q: Yes IT DOES FIT UNDER THE HOOD; there are even pictures of it installed, and it has been stated many times before in different threads, don't worry about that.
About your first Q: It's a first class manifold, it almost guarantee you will have the same amount of air in each cylinder, which, beleive it or not does not happen with your OEM unit, that alone is a big benefit, and also, as it has slightly longer intake runners, your going to get gains in higher rpm's.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Redz is going to own you all for posting Q's in his post.

It will sit pretty close to the hood... but I think it fits fairly well. It might rub on it some... but if you take off that little black under hatch thing it should have plenty of clearance.

New to me, but apparently ceramic coating keeps the cold air cooler inside the intake as well as it keeps the hot air hot inside the exhaust. I believe the example was a thermos. Even I learn something now and again. tongue.gif
Old 02-07-2005, 03:34 PM

Im hoping it will fit under a srtrut tower bar...
Old 02-07-2005, 03:50 PM

I don't think ANYTHING can fit between the AirRam and the hood; but what you could do is make the bar fit IN FRONT of the AirRam, just need to fabricate your own mounts.
I have a SharkRacing Front Strut Bar and I will have custom mounts made after I install the AirRam (like middle march); I will ask the guy to make one or two extra sets, so that if anyone has the same bar I can sell for almost the cost + shipping.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darkchylde)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've seen you all post about the AIRRAM before, but if I may be so dumb. . .</div>

No offence bro, but if you've seen us post about it, then READ about it. There are SEVERAL threads about the Airram IM, do a SEARCH.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>1.) How is the benefit for having it simply please?</div>

Search. You'd be suprised what the info on the page linked for www.kspec.com for this item says too.

Simply put, it allows MORE air to get into your engine QUICKER, and in an equal amount to all 4 cylinders. Boring out your OEM IM won't give you half what this item will.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>2.)Does it fit under the hood ok? it looks like it pops up above the engine.</div>

It fits fine. NO RUBBING on the hood.

Only issue at all is that your normal strut bar won't fit anymore. You'll have to get some custom brackets made to run it in front or behind the airram IM.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>3.)what's up with the eyesore intake?</div>

???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Will my cold air fit fine with it?</div>

It'll fit fine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lil_Tiby)</div><div class='quotemain'>I want to know the same thing about the CAI.</div>

Answered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>What does the ceramic coating do?</div>

Do a search. Click SEARCH up top and type in Ceramic Coating. You might just find out. I'm not being a dick, but come on guys, LOOK around. The answers are all there. Even google.com will have some links for Ceramic Coating.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And this may be a stupid question but I'm asking b/c I have no idea, does the RD2 have a Beta I engine?</div>

Yeah, it's a stupid question. It's been answered about 4000 times on this site. Also, since you see RD1's and 2's signing up for the GB, it'd prolly be safe to assume that it'll work right? Not to mention, the Beta question IS answered in our FAQ section.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'll check back to the site a little later on and if everything's cool then I'm in and I'll send the deposit. ~Thanks!</div>

Everythin is cool, just pay attention to the whole thread and do some searching before you post what might be a stupid question.

Let me know when your deposit is paid.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>Redz is going to own you all for posting Q's in his post.</div>

Yes, I did. Warnings issued. Sorry guys.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It will sit pretty close to the hood... but I think it fits fairly well. It might rub on it some... but if you take off that little black under hatch thing it should have plenty of clearance.</div>

It won't rub at all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im hoping it will fit under a srtrut tower bar...</div>

Nope. But again, just get some custom mounts made. That's what I'm doing.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:57 PM

DAMNIT! I dont want one then.

haha, no I do. Can you get me some custom brackets made too? I'll pay
Old 02-08-2005, 07:20 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can you get me some custom brackets made too? I'll pay</div>

Agreed....another GB?!
Old 02-08-2005, 03:28 PM

depends on what kind of strut tower bar REDZ has. You wouldnt happen to have the "Shark Racing" one, would you REDZ?