Group Buys This section is for Group buys currently in progress.

[GB] Perfect Power SMT8

Old 01-04-2016, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default [GB] Perfect Power SMT8

I'm trying to put together a group buy for the Perfect Power SMT8. Its one of the only piggyback ECUs that can retard and advance ignition timing on the Beta 1/2 2.0L and Delta 2.7L V6 Engines. We're looking at about 375 USD shipped for each unit and that includes me setting up a free base map. That's if we can get at least 5 people to participate. If we can get 10 (I know, pushing my luck lol) then I can get the price dropped to 325 Shipped.

So who's in?

Here's the SMT8 Description taken from Perfect Power's website:

SMT8

The SMT8 piggy-back system follows in the footsteps of the popular SMT6 and SMT7 products, but with unparalleled performance and a quantum leap of technical innovation. This is all possible with the latest 16 bit DSP processors, crammed full of features that you've never seen before. The SMT8 is ideal for the professional tuner and engine builder at a cost competitive price.

SMT8 Piggy-Back Engine Management System

One of the features is the fully programmable engine protection, which monitors the engine's performance. Should anything exceed the engine's specifications, the SMT8 will gradually reduce the engine's power after a programmable time delay, in essence looking after your engine. This is absolute MAGIC!

The external display output is also new for the SMT8 series. It allows our digital display to receive data from the SMT8 and selectively display the desired value without the presence of a PC. The displays are small with bright attractive LED colour options. Multiple values can be displayed on a single display by simply toggling between them.

An average installation consists of connecting 6 wires to the vehicle's ECU wiring loom, changing the settings of the SMT8 in the setup section of the LetRipp II Tuning Software and voila - you are ready to re-tune the vehicle. An experienced installer can install an SMT8 unit within 30 minutes for a basic installation. The primary features of the SMT8 will take longer to install, simply because there are more wires, but it is worth the wait.

The SMT8 can drive two extra injectors (13 ohm each) for supplementing fuel at high boost. The extra injector can be controlled via Throttle/RPM, AMP and Engine Temp. Maps. This allows for precise fuel delivery at boost conditions - a feature which is very popular with turbo and supercharger installations.

Set-points is a feature which makes the SMT8 stand apart from the other piggy-back chips. It allows for the implementation of gear shift lights, fan control, idle assistance to mention a few. It has three relay outputs which can be switched on via 14 different signal sources. All set-point functions can be combined in a logical fashion, and full polarity (higher than/lower than) selection is possible, even switching between the two operating maps is possible.

Two full operating maps (Map A and Map B) are present in the SMT8. Each operational map is capable of being switched into operation in real time while you drive or even when your set-point function comes true. Switching between the two maps can also be achieved by having an external dash board switch installed, having one operational map for max power and the other for fuel consumption. The options are endless! The LetRipp II software is able to switch and lock operational maps to facilitate the tuning process.

Two wide band LSU-4 channels can be tuned simultaneously with the SMT8 version 3. This feature is the major difference between version 2. A large 16 x 24 map (384 tune sites) allows for the precise AFR (Lambda) signal modification via the two wide band inputs and outputs. The AFR is mapped via Throttle/RPM, AMP and Engine Temperature. Two narrow band AFR (Lambda) probes can also be tuned simultaneously with the two wide band probes. This feature is invaluable for V6 and V8 applications where there are two wide band probes and two narrow band probes. All 4 lambda probes can be tuned at the same time with one SMT8 unit.

Detailed HELP is available on the unit while the software screen is open. Simply move your mouse over an item and right click and hold down the button. A help description will appear detailing the function of that item. This help feature is invaluable because you get the help from the unit and not from an out of date printed manual. The software manual is also provided with every purchase and should be used as a reference guide, where the item help should be treated as the Holy Grail.

The mapping of all this is done via a high speed USB port and the user friendly, state-of-the-art LetRipp II Tuning Software. All tuning is done in real time and all entered values have immediate effect on the operation of the unit. All in all the SMT8 is the best piggy-back system on the market.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:21 AM

Wow, nothing? No replies? lol Is the Hyundai crowd dead?

Here's a lower cost option I could get a group buy on as well. Just a little less features than the SMT8 but can still do full timing control.

SMT8-T
Old 01-07-2016, 08:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I just don't think there's enough trial on it. If you were to get one running on a Hyundai, boosting 25psi reliably, and with a wiring diagram......

Just saying, that's how it's always been done around here. And quite frankly, that's how it's done with the Honda crowd also. Tim was only able to get a GB on the PRS4 because he got one boosting his car upwards of 400whp and supplied a wiring diagram.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:53 PM

I got the diagrams and shiz on Newtib, I can bring them over here too...I haven't had a chance to make it to a dyno yet though...
Old 01-13-2016, 07:12 AM

Looks like I can also get a great deal on the SMT8T. A bit less functionality but you still would have full timing control! I could pass these on for 350 shipped with a base map.

Perfect Power SMT8T