Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/group-buys-25/)
-   -   *Updated 1-27* GB: New Zekon kit for First Gen Tib. (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/group-buys-25/%2Aupdated-1-27%2A-gb-new-zekon-kit-first-gen-tib-23570/)

Voiddweller 11-09-2003 12:20 PM

http://zekon.com/tiburonfullkit02.jpg
http://zekon.com/tiburonfullkitrear02.jpg
Still getting a price together on this but it is more than reasonably priced already....just putting feelers out there for those of you who might be interested. I can get a really good price on this kit so let me know and only if you are serious please. Kit is beautiful and is like the one that is on a few tibs in the UK that people are not sure who the maker is. This is a full front and full rear with side skirts. Hand laid fiberglass of very nice construction. I don't know of anywhere in the US to get this kit but I have found a manufacturer that is willing to cut us a break.

Definites:
1. Long Tran <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
2. Azn <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
3. dCc <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
4. Bms212 <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
5. Crzy97Shark <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
6. Airborne <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
7. Sgt. Shark <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
8. Boomn89 <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
9. RPBrake Pending
10. Jay98Tibby <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
11. 2Bits <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
12. Red Holy Knight <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
13. Den Eds <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
14. Nexuz <span style="color:red">PAID</span>
15. 1fsttibby <span style="color:red">PAID</span>

canadianshark74 11-09-2003 05:28 PM

my baby will be gone soon.....

Dude, that is Nightsharks car. He is a memeber here o.

nyne 11-10-2003 05:03 AM

okay, i like it. bottom line, what is retail, i've seen that kit on eBay for like 355-400
how far out of the ballpark is that figure?

Voiddweller 11-10-2003 05:54 AM

Canadian, as the thread states, this kit is a manufactured kit now.
NightShark's car was the prototype.

nyne and others interested, if we can get 7 people in on this (there are two thinking about it already) we can get the kit for $465+shipping. Not a bad deal if you ask me for a full front, full rear and side skirts!!!

That kit on ebay was a knock off and they stole the pictures and were reported by Zekon.

canadianshark74 11-10-2003 06:07 AM

Ahh, ok. You have access to all of the pieces and are putting them together for a group buy. Is the kit going to be "direct bolt up" or will there be some body work involved?

Mitch 11-10-2003 06:21 AM

I may be interested, but I'm in Canada so it could be expensive to ship here.

Voiddweller 11-10-2003 06:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MitchD)</div><div class='quotemain'>I may be interested, but I'm in Canada so it could be expensive to ship here.</div>
They are in Canada so shipping will more than likely be cheaper.

Voiddweller 11-10-2003 06:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canadianshark74)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ahh, ok. You have access to all of the pieces and are putting them together for a group buy. Is the kit going to be "direct bolt up" or will there be some body work involved?</div>
It is being sold as a kit now and I believe it is a direct bolt up but I will double check this morning and let you know.

canadianshark74 11-10-2003 07:57 AM

I am just wondering, I am not interested. I have a 2nd gen. The front and rear don't fit. I have seen Nightsharks car at a couple of meets, and at Importfest. It does look awesome, and it is very low.

Voiddweller 11-10-2003 10:47 AM

Ok, it is a direct fit and needs no fabrication.
They said that you have to drill the holes where the factory ones are and attach it that way and they also recommend hot gluing it along with bolting it to avoid the "shimmy" that the factory pieces have.

Mitch 11-10-2003 12:23 PM

New Guy!!

If they are in Canada then I'm very interested, but would prefer to wait until Spring.

Voiddweller 11-10-2003 01:21 PM

I don't know what the price will be by then....kit is still relatively new and the price will more than likely be going up before too long. Let me know.

Voiddweller 11-12-2003 06:12 AM

Update,

The parts can be purchased individually.

Voiddweller 11-12-2003 10:10 AM

Motorsports section

Ok, UPDATE....

If you are one who would like to pick it up I have an address for you.
They will accept Paypal or Money order.
Email me or post and I will give you the information for payment.

Voiddweller 11-19-2003 05:42 AM

The buy is still going and they are starting to ship as we buy.....Nyne you still in?

Voiddweller 12-07-2003 06:58 AM

Still taking orders.
They are shipped upon ordering now. 8)

boomn89 12-17-2003 04:12 PM

how much shipped to 61520

Voiddweller 12-17-2003 05:50 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (boomn89)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much shipped to 61520</div>
Sorry, I only have shipping info by State not zip.
What State are you in? I looked in your profile but it was not listed there.
I can get you shipping price when you post where you are....and welcome to the boards!! laugh.gif

boomn89 12-17-2003 08:31 PM

canton, Illinois and thanks for the welcome

Voiddweller 12-17-2003 10:20 PM

Your welcome....

Shipping would be $116.34USD.
That is to your door and the kit is shipped as soon as they receive payment.
Approx. shipping time is 12-19 days.
They accept Paypal and Money Order.
Let me know. laugh.gif

boomn89 12-17-2003 10:24 PM

would have to do money order but who do I send it too?

Voiddweller 12-17-2003 10:29 PM

I sent you a PM with the info.
Just let me know if you are in and when you send the payment (if you are) so I can let them know to be looking for it and make sure you get the price ok.
laugh.gif

Voiddweller 01-04-2004 06:32 AM

New to the site

Buy is still going for anyone interested....sorry been a while I was sick+holidays.

Voiddweller 01-18-2004 07:03 AM

Ok, Boomn, I sent you a PM with their info. wink.gif

REDZMAN 01-18-2004 11:28 AM

Do they do ANY kits for the 2nd Gen?

Voiddweller 01-18-2004 11:31 AM

Don't think so but I will check....if not you might be able to get them to build your kit. wink.gif

Mitch 02-04-2004 06:41 AM

So the deal was $465.00US + Shipping, how much do you think it would cost to ship in NB, Canda. And would they let us pick it up in Toronto, I have a friend who travel all the time from Toronto.

racereal 03-09-2004 11:12 PM

*CLOSED*VHR VALERO HYPER RACING Clutch Kit *CLOSED*

NICE KIT...

Just wish I stll have my 98 Tib.

Voiddweller 03-10-2004 07:15 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MitchD)</div><div class='quotemain'>So the deal was $465.00US + Shipping, how much do you think it would cost to ship in NB, Canda. And would they let us pick it up in Toronto, I have a friend who travel all the time from Toronto.</div>
Yes you can pick it up or the shipping would be $100USD.

racereal, I love this kit too....I just got mine last week and hope to have it on soon.

nexuz 03-10-2004 09:08 AM

unfortunatly I have to wait till next week.. they were out of stock (geee I wonder why!!)..

cdogtibby1 03-10-2004 09:16 AM

look what I just picked up! (56k warning)

im with redz... are there any 2nd gen kits made by them... and if not... how do you go about having them make one for your car... is it like let them use your car as a prototype... that would be cool

NightShark 03-10-2004 09:47 AM

^^^ well to get them to make one for your car you would actually have to send your car to them.. and pay the price for full customization of a brand new kit..
and they would only do it if they think that the kit you want them to make will sell ..

racereal 03-16-2004 11:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Voiddweller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MitchD)</div><div class='quotemain'>So the deal was $465.00US + Shipping, how much do you think it would cost to ship in NB, Canda. And would they let us pick it up in Toronto, I have a friend who travel all the time from Toronto.</div>
Yes you can pick it up or the shipping would be $100USD.

racereal, I love this kit too....I just got mine last week and hope to have it on soon.</div>

Do you have any dealer cost? Send PM please or e-mail to rick@real-engineering.com

nexuz 03-17-2004 12:46 AM

You would have to contact the company directly. <span style="color:#4040ff">www.zekon.com</span>. I am sure, they can set you up with something.

Voiddweller 03-17-2004 06:41 AM

Rick, I sent you an email.

TibOne 03-18-2004 10:11 AM

how much for the front clip

nexuz 03-21-2004 03:48 AM

Finally got the kit..

Even thought i was not part of the GB, I know how many people felt about waiting and waiting to get anything from a GB.. and i went to pick it up! The day pretty much started like this.. woke up at 10pm went to work at midnight til 8am.. and then drove down to brampton to meet the Zekon guy.. got there around 9:30ish.. had to meet him at 11:30.. hung around Brampton till 11:30..

met Andrew*zekon guy).. and he said "your kit's not here, the drive couldn't deliver it last night, can you come back in 45 mins".. hmm sure no prob.. Drove around for a while.. came back 45 mins later.. waited.. waited.. now, the driver just left hiss plaace and will go to the warehouse and grab the kit.. come back in about 40 mins.. argh!!! fine.. drove around.. grabbed a coffee.. went back 40 mins later..

The guy wan't there yet.. so come back in like 30 mins.. OMFG what?! at this point it is like 2:30(give or take)... running on 3 hours of sleep.. its damp out.. still in work clothes.. plus i have an hour ride back home.. argh.. well.. 3:00 strolls around.. he had to get the kit himself cause the truck broke down!.. and finally arrived in a parking lot, where I was waiting..

Then the fun part began. getting the kit into my car.. (the starter on my van died.. damn dodge!).. so, luckly my passenger seat is out( I hate passengers) .. 20 mins of getting the kit into the car, in the rain.. i was happy finally i got my kit.. but now, because of how it ws possitioned.. i don't have 5th gear.. mmm fresh fibreglass smell inside closed space for an hour.. mmmm.. , no highway for me.. damn it!!.. will take picturess of the kit in the car(cause Voiddweller, said it won't fit.. tongue.gif;)).. 4:15 i got home and passed out.

The kit itself looks solid, noticed some little things with it.. nothing some primer and paint won't fix.. Lucky Andrew(actually a very good guy..) showed me where abouts to drill and mount the kit.. and stuff.. So yeaa.. now I know sort of what you guys are feeling in GB with the Pods and such..

Voiddweller 03-21-2004 06:56 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TibOne)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much for the front clip</div>
190.00 + shipping.

LOL, Nexus could that have been any more of a production for you?...and very impressive getting that in your car, must not have had much room left huh? laugh.gif Glad you finally got it and cool that he took the time to give you tips on install. They really are great people.

nexuz 03-21-2004 07:47 AM

yea.. not much room.. couldn't even get into 5th!.. had to remove the shift knob, just to get into 3rd.. lol

TibOne 03-21-2004 11:56 AM

is it possible to still get down on this kit?