General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

And the worst city in America to drive in is.....

Old 08-30-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default And the worst city in America to drive in is.....

Washington DC

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1147464

Washington D.C. home to nation’s worst drivers, says Allstate report

Baltimore and Providence, R.I. also on worst list. Best drivers found in Sioux Falls, S.D.

Drivers in Washington, D.C. are 112.1% more likely to get into an accident compared to the national average, according to a new Allstate ranking of accident claims in the country’s 200 largest cities.

Anyone who’s ever said residents of the nation’s capital can’t drive now has some new proof: Washington, D.C. motorists are officially listed as the country’s worst drivers.

Washingtonians are 112.1% more likely to get into an accident compared to the national average, according to a new Allstate ranking of accident claims in the country’s 200 largest cities.

With an average of only 4.7 years between accidents, D.C. pales in comparison to Sioux Falls, S.D., the city with the country’s best drivers. There, motorists average 13.8 years between accidents and are 27.6% less likely than the national average to get into an accident.

D.C. motorists were just barely topped by Baltimore and Providence drivers, who have an average of 5.3 and 5.5 years between accidents, respectively.

Performing better than many of their East Coast neighbors, New Yorkers are only the twentieth worst drivers in the country, with an average of 7.1 years between accidents and 41.1% more of a chance of an accident than the national average.

Although that statistic might not be great, there is still one state with four cities ranked worse than New York City, and it’s New Jersey: Paterson, Elizabeth, Jersey City, and Newark came in lower.

“We’re not terribly surprised,” Allstate spokesperson Kate Hollcraft told the Daily News. “We’ve been doing this for eight years and there’s a lot of consistency historically with the safer cities, and the same for some of the cities toward the bottom.”

What might be surprising is that this year, national crash fatalities are at their lowest point since 1949.

Hollcraft said this could have something to do with better safety equipment, improved education initiatives, and the fact that people may be driving less in tough economic times.

This year’s study is based on Allstate claims data on car collision frequency gathered over a two-year period from January 2009 to December 2010.

Its Obama's fault!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Tib1

Improved education initiatives HA ... The driving test around here you go around the block if you don't hit anything you pass . Whats sad is people fail.. I think the incentive is cheaper insurance for those not getting into accidents because every one is broke and cant afford it.. I don't drive any less still have to drive to work 30mins each way unless I lose my job.

Old 08-30-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

WHAT HAVE I BEEN TELLING YOU ALL THIS TIME!!!!!!