General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Where do you dispose your old used parts?

Old 07-19-2010, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Cobalt Blue Tib
Default Where do you dispose your old used parts?

Those of you who do alot of your own mechanical work, what do you do with your old left over broken or used parts, like engines, brake pads, rotors, tranny's, etc. Do you take them to junk yards or do you just throw them out at the curb for the garbage collectors to take them?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:00 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

They are all in the garage lol. Block 2 heads a couple IMs alternators starters pulleys ton of stuff lol.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

If its really small, and I know I cant ever use it again like old brake pads & rotors...I just toss them in the trash.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

the metal stuff gets cleaned up and re-used as welding material to make 'homemade' trophies out of. I run two annual car show type events, one is a full blown shown in April and the other is kind of a Show & Shine type thing in October, with a few awards here and there. The participants really like competing for homemade "metal-art" trophies rather than the same old gold plastic crap you see everywhere else. It's kind of fun too, getting a little creative with it..

The shows are hosted on my University's campus parking lots and open to the community. One of the community members I met through these shows decided to take things a bit further and use all of his leftover parts to make a Do-Nothing-Machine. What the hell is that, it is a machine that does a whole lot of nothing. Here a pics, a video would be much cooler to see though.. The entire thing spins around while many mechanism inside and around the device zip and turn away doing ..nothing.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Small parts get thrown away. Large parts such as blocks, heads, or basically anything heavy, goes to the recycler down the street. Aluminum is $0.42 a pound.
Just make sure you seperate the different metals and clean the material or you'll get less.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Save my stuff until I have at least 100Lbs. then go to the recycler.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

We have a scrap metal recycling bin at work, and electronics recycling spot as well . . . I just bring it to work