General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

When cheap pays off

Old 10-15-2010, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Accent
Default When cheap pays off

Has anyone else cheaped out on parts or accessories, then be completely surprised with the quality/performance? I bought a Jensen amp for my truck and it was only $5. I really didnt care and just wanted to hook up an old 10" no name sub in an old truck box I had laying around for some extra sound. I've beat the piss out of the sub and amp and it just keeps going. Its been around 3 years now and it still to this day sounds just as good as new. The sub and box were free and I had some power, ground, and rca cables laying around so for a $5 system....I have no regrets or complaints towards it. laugh.gif
Old 10-17-2010, 01:20 PM

Vehicle: F2 Evolution

Nankang tyres, I know is some parts of the world they're seen as ok, but in the Uk they're not known as a quality brand, so are realy cheap for their best tyres, yet they realy improved my handling compared to more expensive bridgestones!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

nankang are "ok" tires IIRC they are made by chen shing tire, same people who make some of the toyo tires and maxxis tires
dont last very long though

best "cheap" payoff i think ive had would be my window weld filled motor mounts

paid a total of 8 dollars and lowered my wheel hop A LOT, i know its not as good as actual poly mounts, but for cheap it cant be beat

Old 10-17-2010, 02:07 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (eggcatcher @ Oct 17 2010, 02:20 PM)
Nankang tyres, I know is some parts of the world they're seen as ok, but in the Uk they're not known as a quality brand, so are realy cheap for their best tyres, yet they realy improved my handling compared to more expensive bridgestones!

Those nankang tires are ABSOLUTE CRAP! My advice is get rid of them. They lowered your handling. That's all. Nankang does not have grade A traction. It's grade B. You probly notice that you can peel out really easily now. I know this because I've had their ns1 and ns2 (i think it's ns) tires. Bridgestone Fuzion is a good tire to go with on the cheap.