General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

The "What's Wrong With Cujo's Car????" Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD
Default The "What's Wrong With Cujo's Car????" Thread

ok so i had a thread like this @ hp.combut i start it here:

so the other day i brought my car down to the dealership to get serviced (oil, filter, etc.) and when i went to the store after i heard this popping noise during idleing from under the oil cap area..... like as if it is inside the engine.... it didnt do this before the service..... i was thinking about getting lucus oil stabilizer before driving it 20 miles to the dealership......

ok then before i left the dealership the guy told me my timing belt is cracking and might break soon and that it'll cost $166 to fix it (which i dont have) but i only have 27,000 miles on my car....... i though bumper to bumper covered that or atleast some warrenty covered it.... my dad didnt need a timing belt on his car til 75,000 miles....

anyways if you can help with either of these it would help a lot =(
Old 04-19-2008, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

Interesting. A timing belt that's ''cracking'' shouldnt make a noise of any sort.... Unless it's jumping teeth and you dug holes into your pistons already lol, but then it's a new engine not just a belt you will need wink.gif

I think the guy is giving you BS, checkout another dealership. Usually it's 60k or so for the timing belt service, so, yes, it's odd.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Have you checked your oil to see if it's at the right level?

DON'T USE LUCAS OIL STABILIZER.

Pull off the timing cover from your engine and inspect your timing belt yourself.

As far as the noise goes I don't know. Maybe they dropped something into your engine?
Old 04-20-2008, 03:07 PM

well one of the belts to the side of the engine is fraying a bit on one side..... i hope the engine isnt bad =(
Old 04-20-2008, 03:46 PM

yeah i took pics of the timing belt but i cant find my sd card adaptor and the "sound" is comming from directly under my oil cap......im thinking something fell in or the piston is hitting something inside the engine
Old 04-21-2008, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

Which belt is fraying? The timing belt is hidden under a cover. Odds are it's one of your accessory belts (really really cheap to replace), and your car repair shop is trying to screw you over.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:34 PM

ok actually it was the drive belt and i got it fixed the engine was that they stuck the bottle in to far and the metal plug that closes the oil hole got stuck open but they fixed it too banana.gif