General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Whats the most embarrassing moment you had with your car?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent
Default Whats the most embarrassing moment you had with your car?

Pretty embarassing moment happened me to a little while ago. I was at a stop light and this Celica pulled up with a bunch of extremely hot college girls all in bathing suits. They were all smiling at me and said I was listening to good music (had the windows down). Light turns green, and I stall the car not paying attention as they drive through the light laughing.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:27 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^that's awesome.

i spun out on a wet patch turning too fast and landed in a neighbors driveway. thank goodness that guy moved out.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I was @ carlsbad Raceway (RIP)...with about 15-20 other Hyundai people(old Team Shark Racing Days)... I'm on the drag strip up against a V8 Camaro. All my friends in the stands (gf's and non-racers) are chatting me/my car up. How the little Tiburon is going to beat the V8 Camaro.

I get a decent launch, but screw up the 1-2 shift. It comes off HORRIBLE HARD, jerking and my MAF comes off from the intake elbow...the engine thinks it's got no air coming in, so cuts fuel. Check engine lights flash...and I "coast" down the drag strip to a stunningly fast 28.96 ET in the 1/4 mile. I think the Camaro did a 14.5.

Nothing like shaming yourself and your car in front of all your Homies....
Old 07-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I was doing a huge burnout in my Blazer trying to impress some people (I was in highschool) when I shot the spider gears right out the back of my differential cover. Didn't look so cool then. Turned the hubs and drove off as a FWD Blazer lol.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Stalling and missing shifts.

Always seems to happen when there's people around

And one time hauling ass to beat a guy on a merge lane, only to pass him and get pulled over 50ft later. I could hear that guy laughing miles down the road.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:48 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX Turbo

When I was living in Vegas got my old 89 Chrysler Daytona Shelby drop off 3 females at the club as soon as they got into the line my car stalled and wont start again it was a very busy lot infront of the club, cars behind me was horning at me and later on couple girls were pushing my car ugh so embarassing!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Tried to take my helmet off in the return lane,after a pass,going to get my timeslip,.My knee hit the steering wheel(high rsx seats)...

I had to do another pass,to pick up the pieces
Old 07-20-2011, 03:27 PM

Vehicle: '01 Tiburon

Some jerk in a new Z car was tailgating me when I was driving my FC RX7. Revved the engine way up, dropped a gear and dumped the clutch. Nice bark of the rear tires, saw a puff of smoke and a lick of flame over the rear deck. Guy passed me, darn near crashed into the car ahead of him laughing so hard. Had to stop because the rear bumper had caught fire from that stunt. Not fun standing on the side of the road putting out your car.