General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

What is the first Mod that you did your tibby??

Old 01-09-2002, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what Random is referring to http://webhome.idirect.com/~trini/car/freehp.html
Old 01-09-2002, 08:49 AM

Nice! But forgive my ignorance... why does removing the snorkel free up horsepower?
Old 01-09-2002, 09:08 AM

The reason behind the theory is if you look at the snorkel there is small opening for air can pass thorugh so by removing in theory the faster the air can flow and increased volume of air, increases hp and trq. The sound is great too. But if you where to dyno the differance it would probably be too small to be concerned about it. Maybe about have a horse. lol
Correct me if I am wrong Random.

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: techcontib ]
Old 01-09-2002, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

I want my first mod to be the SR CAI, that's why I've held off for doing other things... rolleyes.gif
Old 01-09-2002, 02:05 PM

Hey Random where is the best place to run the dryer hose to??? And is it hard to do???I might do that mod if not to difficult!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 12:17 AM

I got clear corners, and a cone filter, and tint
Old 01-10-2002, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

The day after I bought it I got it dropped and a short shifter put in. But removed the short shifter and traded for altezzas after the short shifter broke my shift cable.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:54 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Accent

First and only mods are in this order:

SR Clear Corners
SR White Gauge Faces
Turbulance Side Skirts
Painted Calipers
APC Tail Lights
Streetglow Underbody kit

This summer will be rims first, then going with all out performance modding, well after I get my dash/calipers repainted, changing the color of the calipers to silver, cause I'm leaning toward the darker rims. And holding out for the SR CAI

The girlfriend says to start saving and to pay off my car rather than modifying it, but I don't think she knows what she's talking about. But then again I've never listened to her before anyway

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Julez ]
Old 01-10-2002, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by cklawon:
Hey Random where is the best place to run the dryer hose to??? And is it hard to do???I might do that mod if not to difficult!!!

It is really easy. Removing the stock resonator is the hardest part. You can run the hose to wherever you can get fresh air. Cut a hole in your engine shielding and run it into the fenderwell, or run it through the opening along side the radiator. Heck some folks have even put it at the bottom of the lower engine shield.

The main increase is in throttle response, and engine noise. The noise adds a placebo effect of more HP, and the increase in Throttle response re-inforces the perception of more power. (remember Throttle response does NOT equal HP gained. It simply means the engine responds fast to Throttle input) In reality, maybe 1 to 2 ponies gained at the wheels, but it is an easy first mod to do.

If nothing else, just remove the stock resonator and try that for a day. See how you like it.
Old 01-10-2002, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by Random:
It is really easy. Removing the stock resonator is the hardest part.

Random what does the resonator actualy do? and will removing the snorkel and resonator screw anything up? reason i question it is because i just had a problem with my tib... the air intake was lose which caused the engine to surge on acceleration (like putting it in first, bringing the RPMs high and then fluttering the gas) and also caused the check engine idiot light to come on. Also is the dryer hose part of the snorkel mod required? (just looking for something to do until i get a CAI)

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: NightRaven ]