General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

What did you do to your car today?

Old 04-02-2015, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT
Default What did you do to your car today?

I've seen this type of thread on many different forums and I thought it would be nice to do it here too.

My current project is doing the water pump and timing belt on my '03 GK V6.... what a PITA!!!!!!!!! The crank pulley doesn't want to come off and the alternator bearing was shot and the only way to pull it out of the car is removing your right CV axle. Thank goodness I don't do this for a living! Otherwise I would've been in jail already for destroying private property with a BFH and setting it on fire... I still love my GK though.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

^^^I waited too long to do that in my GK because I knew what a PITA it was going to be. I paid the price. Didn't like the car much anyways.

I keep my build thread updated with pretty much everything I do, so not sure I'm going to post here regularly. BUT, from the other thread (Who's still building?), there seems to be quite a few others still building their cars and don't have build threads. I'd like to hear more from them.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I traded it in for a new F-150.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

^^ you get a new car every 3 months.

I chased false knock for a couple hours on my cobalt. It sucked
Old 04-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by SR Tech
^^ you get a new car every 3 months.

I'm just "sampling".
Old 04-04-2015, 09:48 AM

I'm getting ready to try to remove the crank pulley again. IF I succeed, I should have the water pump and timing belt done tonight.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:00 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I had the Tib returned from orange back to the stock color.

[sup]Left it out in the rain[/sup]
Old 04-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I put a front plate on the Miata. It had never had a plate installed since new, but the cops are cracking down on this apparent scourge.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:30 AM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Not today but the other day, Decided to fix my terribly oxidized headlights, and installed the bumper/hood seal strip yesterday.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:40 AM

Those turned out great! One of the biggest reasons I have avoided doing this so far has to be taking off the bumper, such a P.I.T.A.

On my GK, I FINALLY did the timing belt, i didn't change the water pump mostly because i didn't want to make a mess of coolant on my garage. The crank pulley finally came of......in pieces, it shattered with the pressure of the puller. Stipped the threads on the block for the hydraulic tensioner but manage to save them. Getting the belt tight enough by hand and route it was a b*tch. I ended up putting tie straps on the cam gears to hold the belt in place and be able to get it on the crank gear.

Still need to trim my alternator to be able to put it back thanks to the shitty fitment of my eBay headers, put the axle back in, bolt the strut to the nuckle and sway bar and done.

Also, cleaned the interior and spent about an hour in the trunk, it was a mess. I powerwashed the floor and trunk mats last week and now look like new again. The amount of dirt that came off was surprising and makes me wonder why i haven't done that before. lol

I still need to do my leather seats and get of my ass and do the FL2 rear conversion and paint and install the mirror covers with turn signals and pod lights.