General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Are there some day you absolutely hate your Hyundai?

Old 01-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Elantra
Default Are there some day you absolutely hate your Hyundai?

I haven’t had any yet, but I’m sure the older it gets and more problems that arise, I’ll have them days definitely.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

When my cam position sensor croaked and left me stranded in a VERY bad neighborhood I was pretty pissed. Especially the part when I had a faceoff with a bunch of guys in an Escalade surrounding my car while I waited in it until morning. I could see the confusion on the guy staring in my driver's window's eyes. "Why does this one white guy alone in his car think he has the upper hand even with 6 of us surrounding him?" Answer: I had a loaded pistol in each hand under my jacket and one was aimed right at his face. They left.

I was also pretty pissed when my timing belt snapped on the way to the airport to fly to Hawaii.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:47 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 - 1999 Hyundai Accent Hatch

lol, mines a 2010 and I get pissed at certain things.

Transfer complete

stereo *pop*

cold shifting

1st gear lockout (apparently its intentional)

Other than that, I love my Genesis.

Now my Accent, I just hate how slow it is in comparison lol. The auto tranny has an annoying delay then lurch to it when you put it in drive. When you open the hatch it raises SO slowly leading to head trauma.

Pretty trivial things but they still bother me!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:33 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Sometimes I feel like a muscle car owner from ~30 years ago: an overpowered chassis that is unreliable and technically unrefined. I'm doing my best to rectify that, but still. Most of the extremely frustrating times I've had with my hyundais are caused by me, or the modifications I have done, so I can't be truly mad.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:16 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 - 1999 Hyundai Accent Hatch

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
Most of the extremely frustrating times I've had with my hyundais are caused by me, or the modifications I have done, so I can't be truly mad.

QFT, I hate the sound of single mass flywheel chatter, but that's my own damn fault for installing it in the first place.