General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Oil stains on floor

Old 06-08-2014, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Oil stains on floor

I live in an apartment with an attached garage. I've got oil stains on the floor from doing oil changes and was wondering what I could do to remove them?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I have had decent results using gasoline and a wire brush.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I normally spray anything I spill with some degreaser right after it happens then clean that up. After its been there for a bit.. not sure. Time to borrow or buy a powerwasher. Id like to have a good enough reason to get one of those then powerwash everything. Driveway, house, cat, etc.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Spray the sh*t out of it with WD-40. I mean a lot! That will loosen the oil from the concrete. Then use cat litter. The cat litter will lift the wd40 along with the loosened oil stains in your concrete.

I've also used quickrete alone with good results. Its extremely absorbent.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Sonata GLS

Originally Posted by 2XDreme
I live in an apartment with an attached garage. I've got oil stains on the floor from doing oil changes and was wondering what I could do to remove them?

Tide! Wet it down, spread it with Tide and make a paste and scrub it in. Let it sit for a 1/2 hour or so... wet it down once again give it another scrub and rinse. Lather, rinse and repeat if needed. :biggrin: Works like a champ and no need to buy expensive floor cleaners. But, Safety Kleen has a floor cleaner that works very well also.