General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Non-Garage owners, How do you ease the paranoia of leaving your car parked outside?

Old 12-21-2011, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
Default Non-Garage owners, How do you ease the paranoia of leaving your car parked outside?

Im constantly worrying about my car because we have no garage space, therefore i have to park it in the street of my neighborhood.

It pains me to walk away from it every day on my walk to my door step, I choose to park it about 4 houses away because there are no tree's in that area to shed pollen/sap/leaves. (really ticks me off after a detail)

Anyways, what are some of the things you've done to keep your baby safe and ease your mind with a sense of security?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

An alarm with a pager.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 2010 2.0T GC R-Spec

Well, when I had house... I'd lock it, walk around it to admire my possession and then walk inside and forget about it.

I guess it depends on where you live, and how much value you place on things. Aside from the reconstituted poo-poo water they use to water the grass in Florida, nothing really bothers me.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I usually park mine... o ya..... In my garage...
Old 12-21-2011, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

When I lived with my parents I parked in the driveway, with my car right in front of my bedroom window. Nothing ever happened to it there. Now I have an apartment where I used to park it in the parking lot behind my building....... but feral cats in the area would jump and sleep on the hoods of cars. Needless to say, there were scratches and dents in my hood and muddy pawprints everywhere. Now I park it right out front on the street where I can see it easily from my patio and bedroom windows.

However, someone did try to break into my car a few weeks ago... while I was in Petsmart for 10 minutes... and they took my keyhole on the passenger's side. Then my door handle fell off. Currently awaiting parts to come in to fix it.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:46 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Having no interior is a pretty excellent theft deterrent.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track

Originally Posted by Miss Adema
However, someone did try to break into my car a few weeks ago... while I was in Petsmart for 10 minutes... and they took my keyhole on the passenger's side. Then my door handle fell off. Currently awaiting parts to come in to fix it.

Exactly why I am so paranoid when it comes to parking my car anywhere where my car is in sight. No aftermarket wheel right now but when i get some i think i won't be able to park anywhere
Old 01-08-2012, 04:03 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 - 1999 Hyundai Accent Hatch

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
Having no interior is a pretty excellent theft deterrent.

Haha, that helps! My anti theft is in the form of a multiplate clutch. Everyone stalls the first time.

I park my car in a lot behind my apartment. Its not a big apartment and my town is pretty small (one traffic light) so I don't worry too much. The worst part about not having a garage is not being able to tinker and store my car on my own terms. I have to pay someone to store my car
Old 01-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

i glance out the window if it sounds like there is someone messing around in out driveway... i end up seeing the neighbors go in and out alot, but its kinda necessary here... the neighbors saw me unlock my car in about 30 seconds when i locked my keys in there one day, so im sure they understand...

if anything did happen tho, i would call a neighbor; as i grab a handy strut bar propped up by the door. then tell the guy to get outa my sh*t, and that he's asking for trouble...

only thing worth over $100 is an eclipse headunit, which wouldnt work if it got stolen. doesnt mean it wouldnt be stolen tho...

when/if i get rims ill park it inside, we have a garage but try to keep it open for workin on stuff...

if i had a second car i would park the tiburon elsewhere... unless i won the HA.org genesis coupe of course!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:40 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Rspec 2.0T

My car is parked out front of my apt. I live in the back, I just cover it and have an alarm with a pager.