General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Most painful thing

Old 01-28-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Accent
Default Most painful thing

You've done working on a car. The most Ive done is hit my knuckles on things while turning a wrench, and ripping some skin off.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:17 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Actually I dislocated my pinky finger once on the tib, was turning a wrench, slipped off the head on the nut, and for some reason i opened my hand as if i were scared, and BAM!!! Hello exhaust flang, and Hello crooked finger!!! lol
Old 01-28-2011, 02:22 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

The job jut isn't done right unless you bust a knuckle or 4
Old 01-28-2011, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

On a serious note, one day a decided to do a quick fix bulb replace on one of my fogs. I was in my dirt drive way using the facory sissor jack. Until it topled over while I was under the car. I got out just in time or I would have been in trouble (my car is lowered). Yup 10 minute job almost ended it there, scary doesn't even cut it.

I also worked for a large big block store doing maintenace in the bay. It was fully outfitted with everything needed and maintained well. My coworker and I were doing a routine job with a car up on the hoist. This was the kind with just the four arms to slip under. We were double teaming it, until one of the hyraulic hoses broke sparying oil like crazy. The car slammed down on the locks thankfully, or we would be have been in trouble.

But aside from those minor things I have had perdy solid burns, electric shock a couple times, and a lot of cuts and bruises. But hey sh!ft happens...
Old 01-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I broke my collar bone when the lugnut on an old Mopar snapped. The recoil through the 36" breaker bar when it gave out somehow broke it.

I also had a vehicle fall that I had not secured well enough. I had been under the rotor a minute or so before it fell, burying the rotor in the ground all the way to the hub. I am VERY careful securing a car that's blocked up now.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Besides busted knuckles which I think as a rite of passage more then an injury I would have to say the worst injury was when i was drunk an high, lifted my hood and failed to set the hood prop correctly... BAM I took one on the top of my forehead from the U shaped round bar that the latch grabs. That left me with a nice size egg on my head and it hurt so f*cking bad even being wasted didnt stop that pain. Other then that i have been burned by the exhaust and the heat shield that covers the manifold.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Just the normal bruised knuckles, get hit with some voltage every now and then, slamming the back of my head on door frames or oh sh*t handles and a few burns from touching stuff that I KNOW is hot cause i just heated/drilled it

Now my buddy is a different story, hes a walking injury. Worst one i saw was him and my boss at the time hoisting and engine out of a 28ft boat. We had a crane truck for this. He had to get out of the engine room to signal to the crane operator to boom up/down etc.

He told the operator to winch up and somehow got his arm caught in between the chain for the hoist and the cast iron exhaust manifold with all the weight of the engine pinching him there. Completely snapped his right arm, was in a cast for 10 months
Old 01-29-2011, 05:26 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

I was listening for a VAC leak with a piece of tubing and got the fingernails on my left hand torn off in the spinning cam gear.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

radiator fan fell on my finger while I was trying to rewire it and test polarity.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:46 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Uuuuuhghhh!!! You HAD to post a close up shot didnt you?

The worst time was removing the Elantra bumper. Fingers got sliced in between the splash guard and fender. I noticed some blood on the bumper.