General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Keep or toss duplicate tools?

Old 05-01-2016, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Elantra
Default Keep or toss duplicate tools?

Over the years, I have accumulated a huge stash of various, mostly Craftsman, tools. I have a lot of duplicates where I needed an extra of one tool or had lost one and ordered a whole set to replace the one because the set was such a better deal. I do have hoarder tendencies, especially with tools - not TV show bad hoarding but I do have a lot of seldom-if-ever used tools.

So, what should I do with all of the extras or duplicates? Box them and pack away, toss or sell them? When I see the well organized boxes and garages I know I'm doing it wrong. So what do you all do with extra stuff?
Old 05-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You will break a duplicated tool when you need to get the work done on a tight schedule. Then go get the one you have kicking around a dusty corner and keep working. Tools are kinda like real estate in my opinion: unless you have so much it's ridiculous, never get rid of what you're not using just because you have a new one.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I keep duplicates as a "travel set".