General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Important Questions

Old 11-26-2001, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's probably not publicly available because most of it is either modified stock or custom fabricated.
Old 11-26-2001, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

They are Hyundai Engines, but they are far from stock.

In regards to Libra Racing, this is the information I got from Brian Oldfield at last years Rim of the World Rally out in Palmdale.

Hyundai Motorsports builds them up knowing they are going to be turbocharged, so they get high strength low compression pistions, stronger rods, better oil pumps, and revised heads and different cams (I'm assuming no HLA's, but we didn't specifically discuss this).

Libra racing then custom fabricates everything else. The turbo, the modificaitons to the steering and suspension, the engine management setup....etc..etc..etc. yes, they use "off the shelf" parts, but those parts are either "generic" fit or meant for other cars, and libra puts in the time and effort to make the parts fit or adapt them to fit their desired location/method.

I know the supension is 100% Libra, other than using off the shelf struts/shocks/springs. they created their own long travel setup by modifing the existing stock setup.

Ditto for the AWD system they use. That is custom created by them by piecing together parts meant for other cars/generic parts.

Thus....there is really no way for hyundai to make anything available to us. Everything they use, you can buy as well. But 99% of us don't have the know how, or full shop to do the custom fabrication needed to make things fit...or the budget to screw up and scrap a part if we make a mistake or realize it will not work.

I'm not sure if the Accent World Rally car is done by a european counterpart to Libra, or if that is Hyundai motorsports.

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]