General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

IM NEW! I need help on lots of stuff! PLS READ. THANKS!

Old 07-20-2001, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM NEW! I need help on lots of stuff! PLS READ. THANKS!

I have a 2000 GLS Elantra Sedan, and ive been looking into getting a body kit for it, its the silver color, the only one that actually looks nice, on the car. The body kit is a Mira, they have it at HDK Autosport. http://hdkautosport.com/Merchant2/merchant...egory_Code=HADK
Its pretty nice, but I have some questions, if someone can help me.

#1, does that spoiler come with it.
#2, any one have any experience with HDK, or that kit.
#3- will it fit a 2k elantra nicely?

Other questions and stuff I want to do to my car is exhaust, something deep, that will make people look, when i drive by. Something with a nice purrrr. .

Umm I want to lower it

Anyother stuff I can do to get more performance out of it, i mainly want exterior performance, like I want it to look very nice, and thats the best body kit ive seen so far for a 2k elantra, any other ideas. THANKS! I LOVE THIS CAR!
Old 07-20-2001, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

If you going to put the exhaust on it you might as well put a cold air intake on it as well. This will help perk that baby up.
Old 07-20-2001, 03:23 PM

Give me specifics of items I should get, and where I should buy them, like websites and whatnot. Thanks, i want the fastest bitch on the road. HEH!
Old 07-20-2001, 03:37 PM

Well you know about hdk, try www.sharkracing.org or www.mhptuning.com I got my cai from mhp as well as my exhaust, short shifter and front and rear swaybars. I got my strut braces from shark racing. It might want to ask random or red about other performance items. You could always put the cam out of a 1.8L motor in yours this will help a little with out having to spend a lot on the ones from hdk. Bigger thortle body or you could just put the juice on it my budy did and it runs great.
Old 07-20-2001, 03:46 PM

NOS = juice? am i correct
Old 07-20-2001, 03:57 PM

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! For the money it's one of the cheaper mods that will actually give you hp. Just be careful with it. But you shouldn't have any problems with it.
Old 07-21-2001, 02:23 AM

I would personally wait to put nos on. Start like he said with intake, exhaust, headers...maybe some suspension mods...you don't wanna roll all over the road. Build your engine up a bit first, then blow it up with NOS, throw a turbo on, etc... You have to be very carefull with NOS...a lot of people don't know how to use it right.
Old 07-21-2001, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Most experience with HDK has been poor/bad, but if they have the body kit you want, go for it. In regards to your questions about the kit and spoiler, they would be the best ones to ask.

Yamaneko has a Carmate kit on His Elantra. In his signature, he has pics of it.

For performance, a CAI would be the first step, then Bored Throttle body, and Bored/polished intake manifold. Then a set of 4-2-1 or 4-1 headers.

For your exhaust sound, a decent aftermarket muffer or cat back system should do the trick. I'm not 100%, but the KORE cat back might still fit the 2001 elantra. Check with them to be sure. If not, your local exhaust shop should be able to make one up for your. If you just want sound...find a car with a sound you like, and ask them what muffler they have, and what other mods they have. If they are basically stock, with just them muffler, you can be sure your car will sound somewhat like that.

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 07-24-2001, 01:41 AM

Ahem humm elantra did I hear Elantra, thats my specialty . see below click on link, read, learn and don't repeat it smile.gif