General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Hows your old car doing?

Old 09-15-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster
Default Hows your old car doing?

If you had a previous Hyundai and sold it to someone before buying a new one, has anybody seen it lately and wondered how it's doing? I saw my old car about a week ago and it looked like it was doing pretty good. I traded it in to the dealer to buy my V, and they pretty much kept it looking the same way as I traded it in. Wheels, lowered, exhaust, body kit and all. They probably fixed a couple of minor issues it had and sold it to someone at a premium since it was still in excellent condition with low miles.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:43 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I just found my first car at the shop rebuilding my turbo. It's not a Hyundai but still nice to see. The current owners have taken damn good care of her and she now sports a fuel injected 350 with a pair of snails the size of my head. All in a damn near 30 year old sedan.

I wanted it back, but now I need it back Not that they are selling or that I can afford at this point.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:29 AM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

I sold my RD2 about 3 weeks ago. The first time I've seen it since was last weekend. I went out with a few friends for dinner. while walking up to the restaurant I missed it, but my buddy noticed it and took a picture while he was walking in.

Well about a hour later while we were walking to our cars he was pulling out of the parking spot, after sitting in the Isle for about 15-20 seconds, which we all thought was odd, he started moving forward towards the end of the isle. Now, instead of stopping to see if anybody is coming he just rolls straight into traffic and d*mn near got T-boned by a car which stopped maybe 2 feet away. It was close enough If he opened his door it would have hit their bumper! I almost witnessed the death of my tiburon.

After the test drive I knew he was going to beat on it, which didn't bother me none. But after seeing his carless driving, I'm actually kind of sad I sold it to the kid, I don't even think it's going to last through the winter...

Here's a quick diagram, Green is the Tib, Red is oncoming traffic, Black rectangle is where he stopped.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by Zekkal
After the test drive I knew he was going to beat on it, which didn't bother me none. But after seeing his carless driving, I'm actually kind of sad I sold it to the kid, I don't even think it's going to last through the winter...

I know the feels. Kid I sold my immaculate '01 ZX-9R to totaled it two weeks later.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:28 PM

Well it's already back on craigslist, looks like he hit something...

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/5362231940.html

Old 12-16-2015, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

That's horrible!
Old 12-16-2015, 08:27 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

He's asking an insane amount of money for that car especially in that condition. I have been looking for a second RD2 for particular project. How much did you sell it to him for if you don't mind me asking?

If I could land it for around $1500...... maybe
Old 12-16-2015, 11:08 PM

Sold it for $1,800, and I thought I made off well considering it's issues.

In a quick search, for $2,000 you could buy 2 RD2s locally, build a pretty solid daily with a running parts car

This past year I had been buying more and more parts for it (coils, 3-piece wheels, etc). I had it in my mind that I wanted to use it as a full year daily, full summer/winter setup. Sadly, it was turning into a project I knew I couldn't win. I realized I was buying parts for her because I didn't want to let her go. I decided to sell it because since the day I bought her the rust was beyond repair, and had only gotten worse after 5 years of owning it in the rust belt, 3 of which it was on dedicated winter weather duty. Only half of the passenger pinch weld remained, the rest had rusted away along with much, much more.

I fully intend to buy another, hopefully when the time comes I can find a solid unmolested one for a decent price. I've got to put my Epsilons on something, and they wont fit anything I currently own even with adapters haha