General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

How would you personally rate other Hyundai drivers

Old 02-25-2014, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon
Default How would you personally rate other Hyundai drivers

compared to other car drivers? Do you think Hyundai drivers are better or worst or the same as others in terms of driving skill level and knowledge? I think it's about the same because if you look at the average Hyundai owner, they are not into performance or modding like most of us on forums are.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

"Average" is a tough call.

I would say the average Hyundai driver bought the car pretty close to completely because they thought it was a good deal. Most of these people are pretty boring, with a higher than average likelihood of making life decisions with the help of a literal physical list of pros and cons. Very few of them would even really understand what you're saying if you talk about enjoying driving. There are the people that went "Damn, Toyotas are pretty expensive..."

Is that everyone that owns a Hyundai? No. It doesn't apply to many people here. It applies less to the owners of Gen Coupes, Tiburons, and Veloster Turbos. This is the average Accent/Elantra/Sonata/etc. driver that I'm talking about.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T

Most of the hyundai drivers I see are older, like early 50s and up. Most drive at least 10 under the limit. I almost got t-boned by an elderly lady in a Kia who blew right past a 2-way stop,I had the right of way. I don't think she would've noticed me if I hadn't floored it and swerved to avoid her, thank god she wasn't moving quickly or the situation would've ended badly. It definetly depends on the model, but more so age of the driver I think. I used to tear around corners in my Accent and floor it on a green light like I was in a Genesis, lol. Other Accent drivers I see.....not so much hahaha.