General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

How divided is the hyundai community?

Old 06-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon
Default How divided is the hyundai community?

I know each of the hyundai models out there all have their own forum but do you guys think most hyundai owners tend to sway away from other others that dont drive the same car as them? This is the only forum where it seems like all owners get along and help each other. The guys on NT seems to be stuck up. Not sure how the GC crowd is or even the Sonata and Santa Fe guys too. Its stupid and we shouldnt fight amongst our selves. We all have the same love of hyundais and we should all come together. AmIRight?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

lol... many forums out there are very loyal to their specific model. With so many common engines, such as the Tiburon and Elantra (and ambitious Accent owners) sharing a beta and the Sonata and (soon2be) Genesis Coupe sharing the Theta II, it only makes sense for people across multiple platforms to share their wealth of knowledge.

We find very little animosity here towards other models, though most members have a strong preference to their own. We welcome everybody, even GK owners.

Many of the staff and long time members here have owned multiple Hyundais for 5 or 10 years. It's my hope that we don't become a community that bashes on other models - spread the love!
Old 06-03-2011, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

when i first got my tiburon back in 2005 i was pretty bias toward only tiburons. but after joining the site and getting more information i very quickly learned that all hyundais have the same basic parts and pieces. only then did i really have an apprication for the other vehicles and their pros/cons. you have to be open to what else is going on in the hyundai scene. sometimes its the accent guys with beta swaps and crazy power builds who can teach you a thing or three about your tiburon. or maybe its an XD guy who knows his machine inside-out who knows what engine mods are must haves and which you can pass on till down the line.

BE OPEN GUYS i can almost guarentee that every memeber on this site has both learned and taught a few lessons while being a memeber here. and new guys make sure you pay attention so that down the line you can be the one teaching someone here.

remeber we are the aftermarket for hyundai with our passions and actions but also by name cause thats our name
Old 06-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

There is some division, but it tends to be the new performance range topper for Hyundai that makes some of their owners feel exclusive. For a long time it was the GK guys. Now it's the Gen Coupe guys. And by no means all of them, just the trend is more prevalent there. I see a lot of questions by Gen Coupe owners like "Why would we want to do things with other Hyundai owners? We have more in common with 350z's or G35's". Personally, while things have changed a lot has stayed the same. A lot of the people making performance parts are the same that made them for Tibs. Hyundai is evolving, but a lot is still the same or similar to how it has been for Hyundais for the last decade or more.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: '01 Tiburon

I'm new to the site, and heck Hyundai in general. I own an Rx7 and have to say that i hold a bit of a superiority complex over other Mazda models. But as far as the Hyundai goes, nothing more than camaraderie for those of us who have one, any one. The fact that the same engine is used over so many different platforms is a good thing. Makes it easier for the beginner (Me) to find parts and help replacing said parts. I recently had to do the clutch on my Tib, was so glad for the advise and the help pages on this site. Most of the info was from guys with Elantra’s. The walk through I used was from an Elantra for heaven’s sake.