General Performance & Hyundai Chat If you can't figure out which performance/modifications catagory to put your post in, then put it here. Also use this are to discuss general things about your Hyundai.

Heat

Old 09-17-2001, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat

Hi, this morning was a little chilly so i turn on the heat of my car and i ran it all the way to work...its about a 15 minute ride to my job and i noticed that the heat wasn't working all it kept doing was blowing cold air. My car is a 2000 Tiburon and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas what it might be...I rather fix it myself if i can than taking it to the dealer cause it will be a hassle. Thanks in advace
Old 09-17-2001, 01:15 AM

Check to make sure that when you turn your dial it actually closes the opening in your heater to allow the warm air to flow in. (NOt sure how to word this Random will probably do much better) I had this problem after I installed my aftermarket gauges. On the drivers side floor next to the center console there is a cable that attaches to a yellow piece of plastic. The cable end sits in the plastic piece kinda loose so if you kicked it just right it may have popped of of there. At least this was my problem. smile.gif
Old 09-17-2001, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Check this for proper operation. When you turn the heater dial, the white part should move.

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 09-17-2001, 11:07 PM

My bad Random. Yeah my piece was yellow I think. (Or I just got yellow on the brain) rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Old 09-18-2001, 12:01 AM

Thanks Y2KTIBLTD for the help and thanks a lot Random for the picture that help out i fixed it. The wire was out of place it wasn't on the white piece so i just put it on and there it works...Thanks guys